Renaissance Community Church
Renaissance CommunityChurch is a vibrant evangelical church on the south side of Edmonton, Alberta. Sunday attendance averages 140 (adults and children).
Our mission: With Christ as our example, we exist to share our hope in Him through love, faith and community because He first loved us.
We are blessed with several ministries and activities that serve our church, our community, and beyond to international projects & ministries.
Our Lead Pastor reports directly to our Board and leads a staff consisting of our Director of Children's Ministry & Administration and Director of Worship & Discipleship.
While this is considered a full time position, applications for less than full time will also be considered.
The Lead Pastor is responsible to oversee the implementation of the mission statement of Renaissance Community Church: “With Christ as our example, we exist to share our hope in Him through love, faith, and community because he first loved us”, while maintaining emphasis on the core values of: Authentic Community, Intentional Outreach, Spiritual Growth and Healthy Families. The Lead Pastor is responsible to maintain a strong, intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities of the Lead Pastor will include:
- Provide oversight to the planning and execution of weekly corporate worship services
- Provide Christ centered, Biblical preaching in worship services and other contexts
Spiritual Growth & Discipleship
- Ensure that the people of RCC are being trained and resourced in such a way that they can spiritually grow and flourish in their personal relationship with God and others.
- Ensure that the people of RCC are being appropriately shepherded through pastoral care
- Ensure that the people of RCC are being equipped to identify and exercise their spiritual gifts
- Ensure that all ministry areas at RCC are being led well and participate in volunteer leadership development and recruitment
- Ensure that RCC maintains a growing commitment to reach out toward those who do not yet have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ensure that the people of RCC are being trained, equipped and mobilized toward active community outreach.
- Provide direction and supervision to all paid staff, fostering a strong team environment
- Provide regular updates to the Board of Elders regarding staff dynamics
- Conduct a yearly performance review of all paid staff members.