· Must demonstrate the personal and leadership qualities outlined in 1 Peter 5:1-5; Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7 from the foundation of loving God and others.
· Must be teachable, a learner who, in humility, faces the opportunities of ministry with wisdom, grace and joy.
· Must work well with others in a team approach: volunteers, Elders and staff.
· Must be aware of personal weaknesses and strengths.
2) Core Competencies:
· Mature biblical competence, using the Bible as a foundation in all ministry areas.
· Demonstrates an understanding and practice of missional theology, spiritual formation, group dynamics and leadership development.
· Proven disciple-maker, who has a heart for people to come to know Christ, approaching disciple-making as a life-long process.
· Strong people skills, able to relate to people of various ages and life conditions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Administrative competencies, demonstrating organizational, administrative and financial skills.
3) Education and Experience:
· At least two years’ experience in church or para-church ministry.
· Master’s degree in theology/Bible/pastoral ministry (completed or in process) from an accredited evangelical seminary (preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Full agreement with the TBC Constitution and NAB Statement of Beliefs
· Seek ordination or licensing with the North American Baptist Conference.