NAB India Team Prayer Guide
Beginning Jan 30 through Feb 10, 2011 - NAB India Team Members will visit India and meet with various ministry leaders. Last fall this team was assembled to help test the soil for ministry in Northern India. They have reviewed a number of ministries in India with whom North American Baptist Conference churches already have a relationship. Now they travel to India to meet with various ministry leaders to explore the next steps.
NAB India Team Members are:
Pastor Norm Poehlke, North American Baptist Conference, Chicago; Pastor Joseph Thomas, Neshaminy Valley Baptist Church ,Bensalem, Pa.; Carol Alexander, First Baptist Church of Lodi, Calif.; Pastor Doug Kempton , Grace Community Church, Detroit; Steve & Stacy Gabrielle, Calvary Baptist Church, Bethlehem, Pa.
- Pray Psalm 20 for us.
- For God to be glorified in every aspect of our journey
- Deep trust in the Lord -- He has a sovereign plan for this team and we desire to depend on Him and follow His lead.
- Wisdom, discernment, wisdom and discernment and a little more wisdom. We really need to sense God’s clear leading if and how we further partner with the ministries we visit.
- To bless and encourage those we meet – though our Indian brothers and sisters will out-bless and encourage us. It always happens that way!
- To be ready to share if we are asked, seeking the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Safety in planes, trains and cars and over all of many miles we travel – driving in India is an adventure. We are trusting all is safe and smooth.
- Good health for everyone before we leave, during our time in India and when we return. Ask the Lord to protect our stomachs, please!
- Strength to meet the rigors of our travel schedule and good acclimation to the time change and culture.
- For God’s full armor to keep us protected from anything the enemy would try to do to disturb our trip. Protection over our Indian brothers and sisters hosting us and the Boro Baptist meeting as 30,000+ gather to worship and hear God’s word in a place where hostilities can flare up towards Christians.
- Peace in India – especially in the areas we are traveling to.
- Good camaraderie and fellowship between each member of the team.
CLICK HERE to download and print the NAB India Team Prayer Guide in a PDF format or a PowerPoint format