Administrator – Rose of Sharon Baptist Church
The administrator shall serve as the lead of the office staff team to ensure that all duties and responsibilities of the office team are completed as service to the various ministries and departments at Rose of Sharon, including Aldergrove Christian Academy and New Life Christian Counselling. The administrator shall report to the lead pastor.
This is a full-time position of an average of 33 hours per week or a part-time shared position filled by two persons that would total a minimum of 35 hours per week. Hours of work are 9:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday to Friday, as well approximately 1.5 hours on Sunday mornings divided between before and after church service.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Grade 12 completion, plus a two-year diploma in office administration and/or business administration or equivalent related experience.
- Shall have competent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, website editing, internet research, email, social media, and maintaining backups.
- Shall have the ability to work well with staff and volunteers in a mixed organizational context. Shall have the ability to provide team leadership and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Having a working knowledge of the various ministries and staff at Rose of Sharon is preferred. Shall make Rose of Sharon Baptist Church their church home.
- Multi-task office experience is preferred.
- Shall be in good spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health.
- A deep and growing commitment to and dependence on the Lord is essential in handling the challenges of this position. Shall be able to adhere to the Rose of Sharon Statement of Faith and be prepared to sign the Consent to Co-operate form.
- Shall be able to pass a criminal record check.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The administrator shall oversee, lead, and coordinate the office staff in the following duties and responsibilities:
- Financial management of office-related expenses with staff, supplies, and equipment – budgeting activities that include input and reporting.
- Management of the collection, counting, and reporting of revenues from all sources, including donations, invoices, tuitions, fees, and rents.
- Completion of bank deposits and batching of electronic payments.
- Maintaining of donor records, family tuition record, counselling client records, and other accounts receivable records.
- ROSBC and ROSM membership registration and administration.
- Policy manual administration as directed by the lead pastor.
- Administration of special days program.
- Files and records storage and archive management.
- Constitution and bylaws administration.
- Custody of legal documents.
- ROSBC bulletin/newsletter publication and distribution.
- Correspondence, notices, minutes, records, and legal documents relating to meetings of members.
- Oversight of the church library volunteers.
- Management of volunteer and employee documents and certification.
- Management of the communication systems.
- Management of the data management systems and website operations.
- Management of incoming students and clients.
- Coordination of all webpage updates and social media communications.
- Coordination of office personnel hiring, scheduling, delegation of duties, and team communication.
- Management of ROSBC and ROSM employee payroll administration.
- Attendance as required at all management team meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Management of Welcome Desk on Sunday mornings from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., totaling 1.5 hours divided between before and after the service. Alternatively, coordinating volunteers to occupy this position.
- Other duties as directed by the lead pastor or as requested by other ministry or department leaders and approved by the lead pastor.
Compensation: $49,943–67,570 annually
Please forward a completed résumé to email@example.com.