Administrator – Rose of Sharon Baptist Church
The administrator shall be responsible for all office functions and shall coordinate the other office staff and volunteers to ensure that all duties and responsibilities of the office are completed. The office serves the various ministries and departments at Rose of Sharon, including Aldergrove Christian Academy and New Life Christian Counselling. The administrator shall report to the elders through the elder/pastor of Administration.
Hours of work are 9:00 a.m. — 3: 15 p.m. Monday to Friday, as well as approximately 1.5 hours on Sunday mornings divided between before and after church service, totalling a minimum of 30.25 hours per week. Two persons may fill this position as a part-time job share that would total at least the minimum hours per week, but they would not receive the individual extended health benefits.
Spiritual: A deep and growing commitment to and dependence on the Lord is essential in handling the challenges of this position. Shall be able to adhere to the Rose of Sharon Statement of Faith and be prepared to sign the Consent to Co-operate form.
Record Check: Shall be able to pass a criminal record check.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Shall have competent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, website editing, internet research, email, social media, and maintaining backups.
- Shall have the ability to work well with staff and volunteers in a mixed organizational context. Shall have the ability to provide team leadership and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Having a working knowledge of the various ministries and staff at Rose of Sharon is preferred. Shall make Rose of Sharon Baptist Church their church home.
- Multi-task office experience is preferred.
- Shall be in good spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health.
- A deep and growing commitment to and dependence on the Lord is essential in handling the challenges of this position. Shall be able to adhere to the Rose of Sharon Statement of Faith and be prepared to sign the Consent to Co-operate form.
- Shall be able to pass a criminal record check.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The administrator shall oversee, lead, and coordinate the office staff in the following duties and responsibilities:
- Financial accountability and budget input for office-related expenses with staff, supplies, and equipment.
- Management of the collection, counting, and reporting of revenues from all sources, including donations, invoices, tuitions, fees, and rents.
- Completion of bank deposits and batching of electronic payments.
- Maintaining of donor records, family tuition and fees records, counselling client records, and other accounts receivable records.
- ROSBC and ROSM membership registration, administration, and reporting.
- Policy manual administration as directed by the elder/pastor of Administration.
- Coordination of special days program.
- Files and records storage, custody of legal documents, and archive management.
- Processing and reporting of changes to constitution and bylaws.
- ROSBC emails, bulletin, etc. publication and distribution.
- Correspondence, notices, minutes, records, and legal documents relating to meetings of members.
- Oversight of the church library volunteers.
- Coordination of ROSBC and ROSM volunteer documents and certification.
- Management of the communication systems.
- Management of the data management systems and website operations.
- Coordination of incoming student and client applications.
- Coordination of all webpage updates and social media communications.
- Coordination of office personnel scheduling, delegation of duties, and team communication.
- Management of ROSBC and ROSM employee payroll administration.
- Attendance as required at all management team meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Management of Welcome Desk on Sunday mornings from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., totaling 1.5 hours divided between before and after the service. Alternatively, coordinating volunteers to occupy this position.
- Other duties as directed by the elders or as requested by other ministry or department leaders and approved by the elder/pastor of Administration.
Compensation: $49,943–67,570 annually based on 1.0 full-time equivalent, plus extended health benefits
Please forward a completed résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.