Assistant Director of Student Ministries – Pittsford Community Church
The Assistant Director of Student Ministries at Pittsford Community Church will be a spiritually mature and motivated individual who is responsible for carrying out the church’s mission by implementing all programs and activities related to Student Ministries (6th grade through college). This position is part time (20 hours per week), with flexible hours as approved by a Pastor or Student Ministries Director (SMD).
- Plan, organize, and lead youth meetings and events
- Teach, train, develop, and counsel students as necessary
- Communicate with team members, participants, and parents
- Connect with new families/students and field questions or comments
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and report to a Pastor or SMD
- Pursue professional ministry development opportunities
- Update the Student Ministries pages of the church website
- Oversee the college ministry
- Recruit volunteers and mentors as needed
- Assist as needed
- Oversee Student Ministries budget in cooperation with the a Pastor or SMD
- A growing Christian faith and character
- Some education in youth ministries required – degree preferred
- Experience teaching students and overseeing ministry activities
- Proven leadership, organization, communication, and people skills
- Ability to be flexible and creative in planning and programming
- A team player able to collaborate with other staff and ministry personnel
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1–13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5–9).
Requirements and Qualifications
Some education in youth ministry required – degree preferred. Candidate has some experience teaching students and overseeing ministry activities.