Associate Pastor – Melville Baptist Church
Melville Baptist Church is seeking a person of outstanding Christian character to serve as an associate pastor. The associate pastor will value a relationship with Christ above all else and invite others to join him on the journey of discipleship. The successful candidate will disciple youth, connect with youth on their turf, and equip others to do the same. Because of the rich variety of gifts that the Holy Spirit gives, we expect that the associate pastor will seek to fulfill this mission in a unique way and, as part of the church, will seek the encouragement, help, and wisdom of the body. The successful candidate will agree to abide by the North American Baptist Conference Statement of Beliefs and Ministerial Code of Ethics.
Requirements and Qualifications
The associate pastor will be able to say “follow me as I follow Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1). As education equips pastors to disciple and lead, an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies, Church Ministry, Youth Ministry, or another relevant discipline is an asset as is pastoral experience. The associate pastor will also need the following:
- A mature and growing faith
- A firm grasp of Scripture and the ability to teach and preach in a variety of settings
- The faithfulness and patience required to build relationships with youth
- The knowledge to encourage and equip others to impact youth
- An understanding of youth and their cultures
- A desire to understand the unique context of youth in Melville and the surrounding area in order to better communicate the gospel to them
- A willingness to cooperate with others involved in the lives of youth (families, schools, clubs, etc.)
- The organizational and personal skills required to communicate effectively with others involved in the lives of youth
- The ability to become a member of Melville Baptist Church
A complete job description is available at http://www.melvillebaptist.com/new-page.