Associate Pastor of Adult Ministries – Rowandale Baptist Church
The primary task of the Associate Pastor is “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12 ESV). The Associate Pastor’s ministry is to teach, train, oversee, and encourage others in ministry under the leadership of the Lead Pastor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Have a credible profession of faith and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be committed to the Word of God and prayer both in personal life and pastoral ministry
- Demonstrate the qualities of an overseer (1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9)
- Be able and willing to afﬁrm the Rowandale Statement of Beliefs and Membership Covenant
- Have relevant work experience in a church or other Christian ministry
- Have effective communication skills, humility, and patience in working with others
- Be able to lead, take initiative, stay organized, and make decisions as needed
- Have ministry-appropriate education at an undergraduate or graduate level
- Be committed to ongoing personal growth through reading, study, conferences, etc.
Overseeing and Equipping Ministries: Implement new ministries and oversee existing adult ministries (men, women, seniors, young adults, small groups) in consultation with the Lead Pastor. This will include recruiting, training, equipping, and overseeing small group leaders and adult Sunday school teachers, helping members find opportunities to serve, and helping connect newcomers to the ministries of our church.
Preaching and Teaching: Preach in the Sunday morning service once every four to six weeks; regularly teach adult Sunday school, a membership class, an evangelistic course, or an leadership training course; and occasionally teach and speak at other church-related events.
Pastoral Care / Personal Discipleship: Meet with members, attenders, and newcomers in order to help them know Christ and grow in Christ. Assist the lead pastor in hospital / care home visitation, officiate weddings and funerals, be available for members in times of crisis, and interview those who apply for church membership or inquire about baptism.
- Share Sunday morning platform duties as assigned (pastoral prayer, announcements, service leading)
- Support the North American Baptist Conference and the Manitoba Baptist Association, attending its monthly pastors’ gathering and Annual General Meeting
- Perform other duties as required in consultation with the Lead Pastor
- Attend and participate in monthly church council meetings, quarterly members’ meetings, scheduled prayer meetings, and other church-wide events
Accountability: Directly accountable to the Lead Pastor and, through him, to the church council.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Health and dental insurance plan is made available, as well as a Professional Development allowance.
To apply, email cover letter, résumé, and a teaching/preaching sample to Pastor Jonathan Kroeker: email@example.com.