Associate Pastor of Family Ministries – Park Meadows Baptist Church
Lethbridge, a mid-sized city of approximately 100,000 people, is located in southern Alberta. Its close proximity to the Rocky Mountains provide warm summers and mild winters, with a bit of wind. Park Meadows Baptist Church is located in north Lethbridge and has been going through an intentional transition phase of restructuring and growth. As a congregation, we are excited to see all that Jesus will do in the days ahead! Our desire as a church is to be a community that worships, serves, loves one another, holds to biblical truth, practices generosity, and lives out a Spirit- and prayer-powered ministry. You will get to join us in this mission by leading all areas of the Family Ministry at PMBC.
As the Family Ministries pastor at PMBC, you will work alongside the pastoral team, with a focus on Family Ministries. This will include: shepherding everyone involved in this ministry area, developing the Family Ministries staff and key volunteers, and managing all aspects of the ministry so that it can run with excellence.
- Lead the Family Ministries Team – 30%
- Contribute to the overall leadership and spiritual direction of PMBC – 30%
- Initiate and plan ministry to parents and families within PMBC and the surrounding community – 20%
- Dedicated time to personal development – 10%
- Administrative duties – 10%
Requirements and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education (graduate preferred).
- NextGen Leadership – Experience leading Children’s and Student Ministries within a local church, to include leadership development, public speaking, innovation, flexibility, and relevant tech skills.
- Disciple-maker – Proven ability to coach followers of Jesus in taking next steps in their spiritual growth.
- Team Player – Experience in working in a collaborative team environment.
- Time Manager – Proven ability to oversee multiple ministry areas and initiatives simultaneously.
Park Meadows Baptist Church is excited to announce that we are looking to hire a new full-time Family Ministries Pastor. Our desire is to be an equipped and unified family who believe in and follow Jesus while making a difference in the lives of others. We are looking to expand our team to help us live this out. This is an exciting role that will provide leadership, direction, and oversight for all family ministries, which consists of all programming from birth to young adulthood, as well all parenting and marriage ministries. You will get to invest into the next generation while serving alongside our pastoral team.
We want this to be a healthy place for you to serve. Here are some ways we create a health staff culture:
- Salary: $50,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
- Well-Being: Health Plan; Life Insurance; Vacation
- Growth: Conference/Training Fund; Ministry Expenses
- Our Heart: We want you to be healthy and equipped as you serve within our church community!