Associate Pastor – Quail Lakes Baptist Church
Quail Lakes Baptist Church of Stockton, California, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of associate pastor.
The successful candidate for this position will be able to implement and oversee the shepherding/care ministries, equipping and mobilizing ministries, and the counseling department of the church, along with other duties.
He must be a highly motivated leader and capable manager willing to oversee a staff of three part-time and one full-time team members. The ideal candidate will also be a passionate preacher and love to teach God’s Word when called up to do so.
This is a full-time position with an excellent salary and benefits package. A partial job description is included below.
To initiate the application process, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more at www.qlbc.org.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Born-again believer in Jesus Christ
- Growing as a disciple in Christ personally
- Ability to train and manage teams of people in order that they work together toward a desired end result
- Experience on staff in a local church setting
- College degree
- Seminary degree
- Ordination (preferred)
- Self-starter, multi-task personality
- Gifted in hospitality
- Spiritual gifts of administration, leadership, mercy, and hospitality
- Capable preacher (preferred)
- Lead the Caregiving Department
- Organize and lead visitation teams
- Oversee visitation staff (Coordinator of Senior Care and Visitation)
- Do hospital/home visitation
- Respond to bereavement situation
- Conduct funerals
- Work with Care Commission
- Lead the Equipping and Mobilizing Department
- Lead the mobilizing volunteers through the Equipping and Mobilizing process
- Oversee the Coordinator of Equipping and Mobilizing
- Work with Equipping and Mobilizing Commission to cast the vision for the Divine Design concept
- Assist the Equipping and Mobilizing Commission in putting on the Divine Design workshops
- Lead the Worship Support Department
- Work with the Worship Support Commission to facilitate the ministry of ushers
- Lead usher training
- Schedule and conduct baptisms
- Train and deploy baptism preparation counselors
- Oversee pew crew and sanctuary readiness
- Lead the Counseling Ministry
- Work with the Coordinator of Counseling Ministry and Counseling Commission to plan and implement the Counseling Ministry of the church. This ministry includes:
- Lay Counseling ministry
- Lay Coaching Ministry and providing individual coaching
- Enrichment events sponsored by the Counseling Commission
- Divorce Recovery program
- Support Group ministry
- Celebrate Recovery
- Healthy Marriage program (Marriage 911)
For a complete job description or to submit your resume, email email@example.com.