Associate Pastor – West Meadows Baptist Church
The Associate Pastor will have three primary areas of responsibility: oversight and development of Adult Ministries (75%), congregational care (15%), and being the Lead Pastor’s designate in teaching and leadership opportunities (10%). As the staff lead over Adult Ministries, he or shee will play a vital role in fulfilling the WMBC vision by developing and maintaining discipling experiences for all adults in our worshipping and surrounding communities, as well as serving as the primary contact for young families and benevolent assistance. At the discretion of the Lead Pastor, the Associate will also be called upon to preach, serve on Board Committees, and serve on a Ministry Team.
Requirements and Qualifications
The Associate Pastor will:
- Serve as the champion of our adult discipling experiences.
- Provide regular reports to the Lead Pastor concerning the status of our Group ministries while also identifying successes, problems, and solutions.
- Regularly preach during Sunday morning services in support of the Lead Pastor.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in developing and advancing our Spiritual Engagement Strategy.
- Oversee the First Impressions Team of the church, including Ushers, Greeters, the Connection Desk Team, and the Hospitality Team.
- Regularly serve as the Sunday morning service host and assistant to the Lead Pastor.
- Provide leadership to the Care Ministry, which includes the Prayer Chain, Meal Ministry, and Benevolence program.
- Provide pastoral counseling and visitation to the congregation as needed or requested.
- Assist the Lead Pastor and Board in developing an annual church budget.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree with some Bible/theological studies; Masters preferred
- Past success and present commitment to a team-based, equipping philosophy of ministry (Ephesians 4:12–13)
- A proven ability to lead/guide adults to experience personal spiritual growth
- An ability to clearly communicate and motivate through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word
- The ability to demonstrate a constructive and positive interpersonal and conflict management skill set
- Minimum of 40 hours per week
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Relocation stipend available