Associate Pastor of Worship & Reach – Oak Hills Baptist Church
We are excited to find a leader who will join our team and help us move forward in our mission, which is: Together in Christ, we Reach, Grow, & Serve. This position would lead music worship for our gatherings and give leadership to our various outreach initiatives, which we call Reach. Our church is in a sweet season of growth, and we think this new position is an important addition to our staff team. We currently have three full-time and three part-time staff. If you have a passion and a calling to serve Christ and his local church, and the below description fits you, we will enjoy talking with you. If you have never been to or heard of Sioux Falls, South Dakota – it is a fantastic, growing little city, check it out!
- Half time devoted to worship and half to Reach – reporting directly to the senior pastor.
- Pastoring/leading music worship with a volunteer team.
- Administration of the worship team: music, schedules, practices, special services, Sundays, etc.
- Meet regularly with the senior pastor to evaluate and plan worship gatherings.
- Maintain an intentional plan for professional and personal health and growth to prevent burning out.
- Give leadership and oversight to our various Reach initiatives: some hands-on, some administratively – leaders do not need to attend every event and meeting.
Requirements and Qualifications
Characteristics and Experience
- Humble servant leader with a passion to “reach, grow, and serve” (in Christ).
- Lives and models the life of a biblical leader – Mark 10:35–45; 1 Timothy 3.
- Works well within a team, both as a leader and as a follower.
- Creative and gifted in shepherding the congregation in music worship.
- Able to lead the congregation in music worship vocally and with a guitar/keyboard.
- More than three years of experience leading worship on a weekly basis.
- Has a heart for the lost – would be invigorated by equipping disciples and leading efforts to Reach.
- Theologically trained.
To apply, please email the following items to Pastor Jim Rutherford – firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Assoc. Pastor Application
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Your Salvation Testimony in fewer than 400 words
- References: one character reference, two church leader references