Associate Pastor of Youth and Youth Families – Trochu Baptist Church
The associate pastor must be committed to a growing, dynamic, and personal relationship with Jesus. The associate pastor should have good communication and people skills, with the ability to develop, lead, and coordinate activities and events that provide youth with opportunities to grow spiritually and in their relationship with Jesus and each other. The associate pastor will lead a team of volunteers that connects youth and their families to the church family and into a healthy discipleship path. As such, it is essential that the associate pastor be a proven leader who can use their spiritual influence to attract others to assist the church in its mission.
Trochu Baptist has its roots in the Trochu community and a history of outreach, both at home and internationally. Because of the size of our congregation, leaders are empowered and resourced to allow them to focus on their ministry area and people development.
Trochu Baptist seeks to bring people into relationship with God with sensitivity and without compromising biblical truth and the centrality of the gospel of Jesus Christ to love God and love others. We believe that the family of God is relational and loving and has the mandate to touch the lives of those around us with the love of God.
The associate pastor shall:
- Be an active member of the Leadership Team, as well as be responsible to and report directly to the senior pastor.
- Lead and mentor the Youth Ministry Team and develop, promote, and coordinate a balanced program of activities and discipleship ministry to youth.
- Build and maintain relationships with young people, both churched and unchurched.
- Plan and initiate ministry to parents and families of the youth within the church, as well as the surrounding community.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to assist with the ministry.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Children’s Ministry Team leader, working cooperatively to transition children into the youth ministry.
- Network with other youth workers in the local and surrounding communities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Family oriented, preferably married with family.
- Post-secondary education in a related field from a recognized Bible college.
- Experience in leading youth ministry within a local church.
- Able to develop and mentor volunteer leaders.
- Able to communicate well, proficient in writing and speaking publicly.
- Able to help followers of Jesus in taking their next steps in their spiritual growth.
- Able to identify needs, adapt, and initiate new directions.
- Able to manage time and work efficiently.
- Willing to live within the Trochu community.
- Loves God.
- Has a passion to share Christ and build relationships with spiritual seekers.
- Has and is committed to a growing, dynamic, and personal relationship with Jesus.
- Has a servant heart.
- Is humble, with a teachable spirit, is willing to be mentored, and has a desire to continue learning and growing spiritually and professionally.
- Has interpersonal and emotional maturity.
- Is committed to the church and church family life; desires unity and to live within community.
- Is committed to honesty and truth in ministry and personal life.
- Desires healthy relationships with spouse and family, and develops friendships with others that are close and meaningful.
- Understands youth culture; enjoys interacting and being with children, youth, and their families.
The associate pastor will agree with and support the Doctrinal Statement, the Constitution, and the Guidelines for Marriage, as well as the Purpose, Vision, and Mission statements of Trochu Baptist Church.
The associate pastor role could include additional service and leadership roles and, in time, the potential for more senior pastoral responsibilities based on the gifting, passion, and abilities of the candidate.
Salary is based on a grid commensurate with education and experience. Included with the salary is a church contribution to a pension plan, and a church-paid benefit plan is supplied in addition to the salary and pension. We seek to ensure that our staff can live comfortably and make enough to purchase a home in our community.
Please send your résumé or CV or any questions to email@example.com. Please be aware that we are only accepting Canadian applicants. We will be receiving applications until a suitable candidate is found.