Office Administrator- Bethany Baptist Church
|PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The success of ministry is heavily dependent on the quality and success of the “administration” of ministry. The Office Administrator (“OA”) would act as the point person and lead contact with people connecting to various facets of the church, as well as the hub of administrative activity and communication for the church.STRUCTURE OF THE ROLE:
The OA would be available in the office on weekdays and be responsible to oversee incoming and outgoing general communication of Bethany and its ministries, programs, and activities. The OA would also work in tandem with paid and non-paid staff to assist wherever possible in the administration of ministries, programs, events, and activities. The OA would be the most likely person to be contacted to bridge others to the best person to serve them.
The OA would also be the coordinator on Sunday mornings: to provide support to the tech team (e.g. troubleshooting presentation software); to set up as required in the foyer prior to the service; to ensure all details are looked after for the service; and to act as a resource person in the event something may need attention.
Ministry Administrative Support
Content Creation & Communication
Requirements and Qualifications
|QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Philosophically aligned with Bethany’s Statement of Faith and Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
• A passionate lover of Jesus who has experienced Christ’s redeeming work of salvation in his/her life.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team with both paid and volunteer church staff and personnel. Warm and welcoming personality.
• Ability to handle stress appropriately, and maintain a calm, friendly, non-anxious presence in the midst of deadlines and stressful situations.
• Ability to organize time, routines, tasks, and projects around flexible ministry needs.
• Excellent organization skills. A self-starter and fast learner. Diligent and dedicated to excellence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent at proofing/editing written content.
• Computer proficiency will be necessary with various platforms and programs:
o Key software examples (not exclusive): ProPresenter, MS Office Suite, graphic design and video editing software
o Key web-based examples (not exclusive): Canva, Sunergo Church Management and Website platforms, Zoom, Vimeo, Google Drive
• Dependable and servant-hearted; will do any job with joy and passion.
• Keep confidence and maintain the trustworthiness of all matters shared and/or heard at the church. This includes, but is not limited to, matters shared from/about people from Bethany or beyond.
• Timely in attendance with ability to vary schedule when needed.
• Experience (paid or volunteer) working within a church congregational culture would be an asset.