Youth Director- Bethany Baptist Church
The Youth Director will give attention to:
● helping youth grow in their faith. Provide oversight and program direction for Grades 6-12.
● encourage our youth to connect and integrate intergenerationally.
● live out their faith in their community.
YOUTH DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
PLAN /ADMINISTRATE YOUTH RELATED ACTIVITIES INCLUDING:
• weekly and calendar year events (event nights such as games nights, Youth Olympics, etc., service activities, teaching/study evenings)
• communicate with youth and families regarding youth events through social media, weekly email communication, etc.
• conduct/plan workshops/seminars to assist parents so they can better deal with matters of concern (e.g. bullying, mental health, online safety concerns such as pornography)
• identify, encourage and mentor gifting. Provide opportunities for leadership development.
• recruit and train volunteer youth leaders.
• coordinate Youth Leadership Team meetings
• meet with young people 1-1 throughout the year to develop relationships
• attend events young people participate in as reasonable (sports, art shows etc.)
• plan an annual youth retreat
• attend joint youth events with other groups as appropriate
• facilitate ‘graduation’ program experiences from children to youth; youth to Youth Adults
● facilitate and coordinate youth involvement in Sunday services, with occasional preaching responsibilities as part of the youth service
• maintain accurate and accessible records (e.g. attendance, release forms, volunteer criminal record checks)
• provide a written report for church’s AGM
DEVELOP AND COORDINATE HEALTHY ADULT CONNECTION
• pray for youth and their families
• find meaningful ways for youth to connect with the greater church family
Requirements and Qualifications
• wholehearted, attractive follower of Jesus who is/is willing to become a committed participant in Bethany’s church family.
• deeply committed to live in accordance to the truth of God’s Word in its entirety and to assist youth to do the same.
• creative with a visionary heart. This individual seeks out and utilizes various ways to best engage youth to have a faith-filled, attractive and committed relationship with Jesus. The life he / she calls youth to is evident in the youth director’s life – a life lived not simply, taught.
• demonstrated ability to plan effective and impactful weekly activities as well as long range goals and activities for the calendar year.
• a heart to equip and empower others to develop and use their gifts
• mature and discerning – able to maintain confidences and confidential information, sensitive to the culture of the church community.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
• demonstrated aptitude for teamwork who accepts, listens, and changes plans as appropriate
• demonstrated communication skills – both verbal and written.
• can articulate a theology that effectively speaks to how we as Christians are to live out our faith in the culture that surrounds.
• First aid certificate and others that might apply (e.g. Food Safe) currently held or will need to be obtained. The church will pay for training such as these.
WAGE and BENEFITS
• starting date: as soon as possible. Hours per week: 20. We are open to adapting the number of hours in accordance with studies or a second job.
• to be determined in accordance with education and experience.
• paid vacation days (starting at 3 weeks per year, prorated to your weekly hours)
• flexible work schedule (with the exception of your commitment to evening youth gatherings and Sunday morning worship services)
Will be accountable as assigned by the Lead Pastor
|Candidates will be required to provide a clean criminal record check and three references from different areas of life (for example: education, work, church, coach, etc.)|