Associate Pastor- Bethany Baptist Church
In the following, reference is often made to overseeing ministry and equipping. Oversight in the context of what follows speaks to making certain church ministries are faithful to the truth of Scripture and that the number of programs and activities, no matter their appearance of success, are not the measure of Holy Spirit empowered ministry. Rather, Jesus calls us to make disciples who are faith-filled, obedient and attractive followers of Jesus. In light of that, oversight means taking responsibility to make certain that church initiatives taken and ‘programs’ run are empowered under God’s leading not our own. God’s call for those in church leadership is to shepherd the flock. Shepherds guide, heal, protect, and where needed, correct. With that said, pastoral staff are part of a shepherding team.
In light of this, the associate pastor sought for at Bethany is not expected to do all ministry outlined below rather he is to be active in finding and equipping others to use their God given gifts under that individual’s guidance.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES
FAMILY MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT AND OVERSIGHT
HOUSE GROUP DEVELOPMENT AND OVERSIGHT
TEACHING AND DISCIPLESHIP
Requirements and Qualifications
|THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE must have demonstrated:
• successful ministry experience leading and directing an area of ministry
• leadership in setting overall vision and outlining a broad ‘strategy’ how that vision is to be achieved
• flexibility in allowing staff members to set their own ministry vision pertinent to their areas of responsibility (aligned with the overall vision of the church)
• passion and skill for developing leaders and releasing them to minister
• demonstrated successful ability to teach the Word of God applying His truth to our daily life
• demonstrated successful ability to recruit, equip, mentor and shepherd leaders
• fulfills character qualifications as highlighted in 1 Timothy and Titus.
• degree in theology or biblical studies (Bachelor’s degree minimum)
• minimum of 5 years of pastoral ministry experienceNOTE: while the successful candidate is expected to be fully invested in the ministry areas indicated, Bethany is also looking for an individual who has a call on his life to serve as a Lead pastor in God’s timing and in God’s placing.
LIFE AND LEADERSHIP EXPECTATIONS HE MUST BE A MAN WHO…
NOTE: while the successful candidate is expected to be fully invested in the ministry areas indicated, Bethany is also looking for an individual who has a call on his life to serve as a Lead pastor in God’s timing and in God’s placing.