Lead Pastor – Bethel Baptist Church
This position will provide general leadership, direction, supervision, and oversight for ministries at Bethel Baptist Church, which will consist of current and future ministries. The lead pastor will be responsible for staff development and care.
Those recognized as pastors within Bethel Baptist Church should be able to verbalize a sense of a God-given calling to a vocation of Christian ministry. They should be able to articulate a biblical theology/philosophy of ministry that shapes their pastoral engagement. They must have gifts that are strategic to the fulfillment of the position description.
As pastor, this position will develop strong relationships with volunteers and congregants with the desire to help them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and in their relationship with others. This position will also have the abilities and gifts to communicate God’s Word effectively to audiences of all ages. The vision for this role is that he will mobilize, equip, and expand the church body/family with the complete message of God’s Word.
As a developer, this position will purposefully work with the leadership team in the church to strategically train and equip key leaders to prepare them to minister in the larger church setting. In that process, this person will train, develop, and equip the church to fulfill the mission and vision of the church and expand the ministry of the church. The lead pastor is also responsible to work with the Board to develop their own personal leadership abilities while helping to create a leadership pipeline for future board members.
As a facilitator, this position will work with the Board, providing short-term and long-term strategy and leadership to create and maintain a ministry of excellence. The facilitator is responsible for planning and maintaining necessary policies and guidelines, recommending and administering ministry budget lines, and ensuring effectiveness of ministries at Bethel Baptist Church. This position will be responsible for all staff who are employees of the church.
- Lead Sunday morning team – 3 hours
- Coach, develop, and give direction to the Sunday morning team, along with the team leader in this area.
- Co-lead regular meetings with the Sunday teams to provide and receive input and evaluation on conducting Sunday morning services.
hours per week
This general outline provides a total of 40 hours per week.
For events such as weddings and funerals, or extra services such as Good Friday, you will be responsible to adjust and prioritize other aspects of your weekly schedule to accommodate without negatively affecting your hours.
Requirements and Qualifications
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes
- Post-secondary education – i.e., Bible school graduation – minimum requirement – (either accredited or non-accredited).
- Church leadership – experience leading ministries within the local church: i.e., Bible
studies, church Board, Sunday School teacher, youth leader, etc.
- Leader of leaders – able to develop and train others into future leaders.
- Public speaker – skilled and growing communicator.
- Disciple maker – able to coach followers of Jesus in taking next steps in their spiritual growth.
- Team player – thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating with others on projects.
- Innovative – able to identify needs and initiate new projects and directions.
- Flexibility – able to adapt and take necessary risks with the team.
- Time manager – able to oversee multiple ministry areas and initiatives simultaneously.
- Tech skills – work efficiently with a computer and self-teach new software and features as pertains to operating in the ministry.
- Other relevant skills – marketing, writing, networking, partnering with outside organizations.
Character and Behavioral Expectations
- Perfection is not expected, but growth is.
- Leaders are expected to strive to “live a life worthy of the calling they have received” (Ephesians 4:1).
- Effective leaders are:
- Are committed to a growing and dynamic relationship with Jesus. Includes regular reading of God’s Word and an active prayer life.
- Have humility and a strong desire to continue growth, personally and professionally.
- Are committed to the larger church family and maintaining unity; models life lived within community.
- Have a fierce commitment to honesty and truth in both leadership and personal life.
- Prioritize healthy relationships with family, including spouse. This includes having your family in order.
- Prioritize healthy relationships with others outside of the ministry.
Confession of Faith
All Bethel Baptist Church staff shall be in full agreement with the mission, vision, and values statements of Bethel Baptist, as well the NAB Statement of Faith.
This job description includes a gross yearly salary of $52,000 per year.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this job, but this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.
Please contact Chuck Collett at firstname.lastname@example.org or send mail to Box 725, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0 for more information or to submit résumé.
Box 725 High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0 Canada
Date Posted: July 7, 2022
Job Type: Full Time