Lead Pastor- Calvary Baptist Church
|Calvary Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a full time lead pastor and is accepting applicants for this position. In the midst of Covid, our congregation has an average weekly attendance of 40, with a membership of 31. We are an urban church located in the northwest part of the city of Regina, Saskatchewan. Calvary is a member of the Saskatchewan Baptist Association which is affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference. The SBA includes 12 other churches from around the province. As a congregation, we strive to live lives that exemplify the biblical model of church by being rooted in the Word, creating a close community, and cultivating a desire to live the gospel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements and Qualifications
– Should be a self-starter and able to carry out the day to day ministry and administration of the church.
– Preference will be given to those who have a Bachelor’s Degree and prior experience in pastoral ministry.
– Must have a passion for the Word of God and a vibrant personal relationship with the Lord.
– Must be in agreement with and willing to sign the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct of the NAB.
– Must exemplify character, conduct and competence depicted in 1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Pet 5:1-9.
|Calvary is a community of believers who demonstrate their love for both those in their congregation and in their city. We believe that we are called to join God on His mission, by sharing God’s love and good news, both practically and verbally, to all people. While Covid has affected the ability to continue some of our previous ministries, we continue to have two vibrant children’s programs, including a growing junior youth group. We also run a weekly College & Career group. Our pastor must be willing to come alongside and support these existing programs. Along with the rest of the world right now, our congregational needs are in flux. We are seeking a pastor who is willing to listen to the Spirit of God and discern where the Lord might be leading in terms of ministry, challenges, and opportunity in the days that lie ahead. Only those being considered for the pastoral position will be contacted.|