Canadian Director of Advancement – North American Baptist Conference
The Canadian Director of Advancement coordinates development, donor care, and fundraising training to maximize fundraising effectiveness throughout our Canadian constituency. This includes some travel for donor events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Create and host 6-8 annual donor gatherings throughout Canada to thank area donors and further engage them in the mission and funding of NAB projects.
- Execute the strategic plan in place for NAB fundraising, such as annual appeal mailers, special campaigns, missionary funding, etc.
- Build and establish relationships with Canadian donors and churches for heightened engagement in NAB projects and giving.
- Oversee the development of donor materials, including all appeals and annual Intent to Give packet to enhance the Conference image and promote fundraising programs.
- Interface with Ministry Support and US Director of Advancement on gift acknowledgement and pledge systems as part of overall donor relations.
- Lead feasibility studies and campaign calendars for NAB churches seeking assistance with their capital campaigns.
- Train and onboard church planters and missionaries in support-raising solutions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Ministry Advancement and Church Multiplication, in partnership and collaboration with the US Director of Advancement.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of successful fundraising activity in local church or non-profit setting
- Proficiency in written and public communication
- Knowledge of charitable policies and practices in Canada
- Knowledge of major gifts, campaigns, and gift planning
- Knowledge of how a denominational organization functions
- Ability to travel six times annually with some international travel
- Willingness to be an active member of a local NAB church
- Experience coaching missionaries/planters on personal support raising
- Experience leading church/non-profit capital campaign(s)
- Sign and date this job description (download at link below)
- Send it, as well as an updated résumé and cover letter, to email@example.com with the following subject line: Canadian Director of Advancement