Youth Pastor – Cascade Park Baptist Church
We are looking for a youth pastor to help lead and guide our church’s middle and high school students, to make sure all students understand and are excited about their journey with Jesus. The youth pastor is to lead and organize an effective youth ministry by implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. Most importantly they should demonstrate a passion for more of God and possess an excitement to lead the youth of our church and community into that same hunger. The overall objective of the youth pastor is to train Christ-like disciples of our youth.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Has evident relationship and belief in Christ
- Has or is pursuing a degree in Theology, Bible Studies, or Youth Ministry
- Previous experience is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, accompanied by a positive attitude with young students in and outside of the church.
- Ability to deal with and relate to young people by earning their respect and trust.
- Excellent organizational and supervision skills.
- Should be able to act with minimal supervision and provide guidance to church leadership in all areas concerning youth ministry.
- Strong management and leadership skills in educating and preaching the Gospel.
- Availability to work extended hours and during weekends.
- Meet with students, individually and in groups, for relationship building, mentorship, and discipleship opportunities throughout the year.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Be a team player; meet one-on-one with lead pastor and other team members necessary to lead and grow an effective youth ministry.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in social media.
- Must have the ability to research the community, utilizing demographics, technology, and social media to reach the un-churched youth of our community.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with youth, parents, and staff.
- A desire to be active in community outreach.
- Discern, plan, and execute a weekly youth group gathering for students that includes activities, programming, worship, messages, and small groups.
- Manage student fees and fundraising money for events and ministry/mission trips.
- Prepare, monitor, and control the annual youth budget as approved by the church board.
- Oversee, recruit, equip, and encourage a team of volunteer leaders to serve and minister to students each week.
- Other duties as required and requested by the lead pastor.
The position will begin as a 20–25 hours a week, with every possibility of moving to full-time if it is the right fit.