Site Pastor- Central Baptist Church
Job Vision. The Site Pastor is the key pastor responsible to know, love, serve, shepherd and grow
the congregation at SE along with leading the overall ministry and outreach eﬀorts of the site.
This person must be actively growing in love for God, other believers and unbelievers, and have the
gifting and passion to lead others with humility and servant-hearted confidence.
Key Areas of Leadership
• Vision and Leadership. To work together with the multisite staﬀ team and other church leaders to
clarify and follow the calling God has for Central and for SE in particular. To be the primary
leader in shepherding the SE congregation to follow Jesus together—growing in worship, deepening in
community, and moving on mission. To have a healthy sense of “ownership” of every piece of ministry
for SE, from the big picture to the smallest detail, and to pursue growth and excellence across the
• Staﬀ and Facility. To eﬀectively oversee all ministry staﬀ at SE. To lead the SE ministry staﬀ
team in shepherding the congregation, ministering eﬀectively in their individual roles, and working
together to identify, equip, organize, motivate and encourage other leaders for ministry and
outreach across the life of SE. To provide vision and leadership for SE facility usage and
development together with the Facility Manager and SE Facility Team.
• Being a Pastor. To pray for and minister to individuals and households at SE. To provide as
necessary pastoral care including counselling, visitation, conflict resolution and general
encouragement. To be available for weddings, funerals, child dedications, baptisms and other formal
pastoral responsibilities. To be a true pastor by being available and sharing life in real ways as
well as identifying and organizing others who share in this role. To grow a culture of care and
• Worship Services and Teaching. To be involved with the staﬀ team in the planning and
facilitation of worship services, and to be the primary host for worship services at SE. To be
gifted and eager to teach regularly on Sundays as scheduled by the Lead Pastor, as well as in other
• Welcoming and Discipleship. To work as a part of the staﬀ Lead Team to improve and lead
discipleship strategy for Central overall, and to implement these strategies at SE. To be the first
point of contact for those who are new to SE.
• Mission. To care about the neighbourhoods surrounding the SE site and be actively involved in
what God is doing beyond our church. To deliberately and strategically seek to reach new people for
Jesus and work for justice, and to lead others to do the same.
• Multisite Collaboration. To find joy in working together with the multisite staﬀ team on whole church directives, while leading confidently and contextually at SE within the broader direction of Central. To be a positive voice and a unifying leader in the whole-church context.
Requirements and Qualifications
Other Expectations and Qualifications
• To have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• To be aligned with and actively supportive of Central’s heart, mission and priorities.
• To pursue relationships or group involvement for personal accountability.
• To participate in an engaged and humble way in various weekly staff meetings.
• To meet on a regular basis with the Lead Pastor for review, vision, and encouragement.
• To be loyal, faithful, honest, teachable, humble, approachable, self-motivated, flexible and dependable.
• To affirm Central’s Statement of Beliefs and to become a member of Central when joining staff.
• To have the qualities of a Christian elder/pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3.
• To be a gifted leader with the ability and passion to love, care for and disciple others.
• To be a highly organized initiator and decision-maker.
• To be a team player and have the ability to work well in a multi-staff setting.
• To hold a Bachelors degree (minimum), Masters preferred.
• To have extensive and active pastoral experience in a church or other Christian ministries.