Coordinator of Junior High Ministry – Quail Lakes Baptist Church
The coordinator of Junior High Ministry will:
- Work closely with the Student Ministry pastor and the Junior High Commission to achieve the vision and goals as they pertain to Junior High students.
- Plan and oversee the mid-week Junior High program. This will entail planning the evenings and teaching the lessons, except for the times when interns or special speakers are featured speakers.
- Teach Junior High Sunday school.
- Plan and oversee Junior High social events, retreats, and service opportunities.
- Recruit volunteers and staff.
- Assist in the mentoring of interns present in the program staff.
- Attend all staff and Commission meetings as able.
- Attend Hume Lake Summer Camp – Meadow Ranch.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Is a born-again follower of Jesus Christ.
- Has a love for Junior High-age individuals and a desire to see them grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Possesses an ability to work with volunteers in an equipping and mobilizing capacity.
- Is a self-starter, not needing constant supervision; possesses a multi-task personality.
- Is preferably a college graduate.
- Has a flexible schedule.
- Holds the spiritual gifts of teaching, administration, and encouragement.
- Attends Quail Lakes Baptist Church.
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week). There are no employee benefits.
Funds for professional reimbursement are provided up to $300 per year.
Sample of weekly hours distribution (specifics will vary week to week):
- Leading Bible studies/meetings – 5 hours
- Prep time for Bible studies – 4 hours
- Administration – 4 hours
- Leader/Student contact – 5 hours
- Events – 2 hours