Associate Pastor – Cornerstone Trinity Baptist Church
The Associate Pastor is a full time pastor ( 40-50 hours) who will oversee youth students and youth leaders, while assisting the senior pastor in directed duties, including but not limited to preaching at the adult service, preaching at the CTX campus, and other pastoral care duties. CTBC seeks an individual committed to the word of God and a heart for missional practices. Formal seminary education is preferred; however all ministry experience and forms of education will be considered. He will exemplify a Christ-like spirit in his leadership of the church.
Requirements and Qualifications
|Character traits, Experiences, and Skill Expectations:
1. Give testimony and life witness of… (1) being a committed believer in Jesus Christ (2) spiritual gifts relevant to leadership of this ministry, (3) prior ministry experience (4) God’s affirming blessing on those ministries (5) a deep genuine love for congregants, members, and guests.
2. Have an adequate biblical education, preferably at the college and graduate school level (i.e., Masters of Theological Studies, M.Div., etc.), ministry experience that is appropriate to these responsibilities, and pursue continued learning in order to become a more effective Associate Pastor.
3. Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to teach effectively and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
4. Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable). Maintain spiritual health by taking spiritual retreat annually and consulting outside resources, as needed.
5. Be committed to teamwork within all ministries, staff, and lay leaders within the
church. Demonstrates appropriate Christian submission in responsibilities, meetings, and relationships.
6. Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Cornerstone Trinity Baptist Church and NAB (North American Baptist Conference).
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
Application form (//www.cornerstonetrinity.org/jobs)
A copy of your resume
A copy of your Statement of Faith
A photograph of yourself and/or family picture