Student Ministries Pastor/Director – Pittsford Community Church
We’re looking for a committed and mature Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people with the gospel. The ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can relate well with youth, parents, and adult volunteers. This role will require a candidate with demonstrated experience equipping youth for ministry and growing them in a personal relationship with the Lord.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to students from junior high through college.
- Reach out to and engage with the unchurched youth in the community with the gospel.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s student ministry.
- Develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Develop a Bible teaching plan that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of young people in our community.
- Regularly teach the Bible to students with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages students.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the student ministry.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the student ministry.
- Oversee all retreat activities the church’s youth participate in.
- Regularly lead students in short-term missions (local, domestic, and international).
- Work with church leaders to find ministry opportunities for students in the broader church family.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A calling to student ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- Experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
- Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1–13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5–9).
Pittsford Community Church is located in the southeastern suburbs of Rochester, New York. Established in 1983, PCC continues to be a vibrant, family-friendly congregation with a growing impact in the community.
Starting salary: $45,000–50,000
To apply for this position, please submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com.