Family Life Pastor – Heartland Community Church
The Family Life pastor is to bring credible, hands-on leadership to our Kids Community Team and Student Ministry Team while providing visionary leadership for our Men’s, Women’s, and Family Ministry Teams. This person will also share in a significant portion of the pastoral duties of a growing church ministry.
The ideal Family Life pastor:
- Has a strong relationship with Christ that is dynamic and growing
- Prefers working in a fast-paced, always-changing environment
- Recruits and empowers volunteer teams
- Leads and shepherds the Family Ministry Team, including both full- and part-time team members
- Must have experience in kids or student ministries, or both, to help lead the Family Ministry Team into the future
- Must be organized and a strategic thinker
Team and Staff Leadership
- Oversight of Kids Community and the Kids Community staff at all campuses
- Oversight of Student Ministries and the Student Ministry staff at all campuses
- Oversight of the Men’s and Women’s Ministry, including recruiting, discipling, and empowering the volunteer teams
Family Ministry Team
- Lead regular Family Ministry Team meetings
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with Family Ministry staff as necessary
- Work on Heartland’s intentional, strategic goals with the Family Ministry Team, developing an aligned vision in Family Ministry
- Equip and empower the Family Ministry staff
- Regularly assess Kids Community and Student Ministries
- Help set vision for creative ways to engage parents and the community
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings
- Attend required pastoral events and meetings
- Collaborate with other ministry areas of Heartland as appropriate
- Preaching and teaching
- Shepherding and providing spiritual guidance among the staff and Heartland members
- Performing sacerdotal duties, such as baptisms, communion, funerals, weddings, and pre-marital counseling assessments
Requirements and Qualifications
Credentials and Expectations:
- Preferred ministry experience is at least ten years full time, mostly in vocational ministry.
- Preferred education level is master’s degree.
- Salary range is dependent on education and experience and is open to negotiation.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Michelle Lewis, Human Resources Coordinator: email@example.com.