Senior Pastor – First Baptist Church of Durham
We are searching for a full-time senior pastor. We are located in Durham, Kansas. We are a rural community with an average attendance on Sunday mornings of 110.
Requirements and Qualifications
First Baptist of Durham is prayerfully seeking a full-time senior pastor called by God. We are a member of the North American Baptist Conference and are located in Durham, Kansas, approximately 60 miles north of Wichita.
We are a body of believers striving to grow in relationship with God through fellowship, worship, and the study of His word. Our desire is to demonstrate the love of Jesus to our neighbors, that their hearts might be won to Christ. Recognizing the priority of the Great Commission, we are committed to discipleship, service, evangelism, and missions at home and around the world.
Senior Pastor Primary Function:
To provide spiritual leadership to the members of the church family, enabling them to fulfill the church’s mission and function according to its core values.
Senior Pastor Responsibilities:
The pastor will provide for the spiritual oversight and leadership of the church. Along with the Deacons, designated church committees, and other lay leaders, the pastor will provide and give direction and support to the various ministries of the church. The pastor will specifically plan, lead, and conduct the worship services.
The pastor will provide biblical teaching and preaching; will prepare and deliver sermons; may lead a Sunday school class or Bible studies; and will communicate the mission and vision that God gives to the church.
The pastor will provide or oversee shepherding and pastoral care to the members of the church family, including visiting the sick and shut-ins and conducting wedding ceremonies and funerals; will be available to provide counseling; will relate to and develop relationships with all ages of individuals within the church; and will develop leaders and followers of Jesus Christ. The pastor will lead the church in evangelistic outreach and engagement with the community and will follow up with prospects that are looking for a church home.
The pastor is expected to be a godly, servant leader and live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The pastor will provide leadership by example, showing the following leadership attributes: a close personal relationship with Jesus, integrity, humility, financial responsibility, perseverance, effective communication, and self-motivation. The pastor will also serve as a good listener, encourager, and mentor and display a peaceful, gentle spirit and not be quick tempered.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Meet all the qualifications of an elder as identified in Scripture (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1).
- Model and teach godliness and Christian commitment.
- Be intentional about ongoing personal spiritual development and model that for the congregation.
- Agree with and adhere to Article II Declaration of Faith in the constitution of the First Baptist Church of Durham. Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or university in the area of biblical/pastoral studies.
- Have experience in pastoral position(s) (preferred).
To apply, provide the following documentation via email: email@example.com
- Résumé (include all higher education and employment experience)
- Copy of your ordination certification, if ordained
- Name, address, phone number, and email (if available) of three references who can speak to your spiritual life and qualifications to serve as a senior pastor. One of these contacts must be a senior pastor or a church leader. None of the contacts can be a relative.
725 Abilene Avenue Durham, Kansas 67063
Date Posted: December 3, 2020
Job Type: Senior Pastor