Pastor – Forest Park Baptist Church
These key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preaching, Prayer, and Worship
- Church Leadership
- Pastoral Care
- Evangelism and Church Growth
- Inter-Church and Community Involvement
Preaching, Prayer, and Worship:
- Responsible for the faithful, regular proclamation of the Word of God, the oversight of the church’s pulpit ministry, and worship planning.
- Communicates biblical truth through teaching God’s Word faithfully, according to sound doctrine and in a manner that is relevant, authentic, and personally applicable.
- Communicates preaching series to ministry staff, leaders, and Elders in order to coordinate their respective responsibilities.
- Supervises the administration of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Is a clear and articulate speaker who is easily understood by our diverse congregation.
- Listens to God and sets the pace in Kingdom-focused prayer, leading the way in praying consistently and reverently.
- Provides discipleship to others in prayer at the individual, family, and group levels.
- Plans and leads the order of worship in collaboration with ministry leaders.
- In conjunction with the Elder Team, establishes and communicates the church’s ministry objectives.
- Constantly assess the church’s culture to ensure alignment with Forest Park’s mission and vision.
- Humbly shepherds the congregation by providing spiritual and operations oversight for the church family and its leadership.
- Works with the other elders to oversee management of all areas of the church, including ministries, finances, and facilities.
- Conducts regular meetings with the ministry staff, both individually and jointly, and works to assist and equip the ministry staff in achieving ministry objectives.
- Works with the other elders to coordinate and execute the church strategy, set the annual budget, develop pastor goals, and review/align on ministry objectives.
- Develops the next generation of leaders to help support and execute the church’s mission and vision.
- Carries out all duties biblically in accordance with the mission, purpose, and vision of the North American Baptist Conference, with accountability to the elected elders and NAB Regional Minister.
- Meets annually with the elders and the NAB Upper Mississippi Regional Minister to review performance, understanding strengths and opportunities.
- Nurtures the mental, spiritual, and emotional health of the ministry staff and leaders.
- Exercises pastoral care of individuals, couples, families, and groups as opportunities arise.
- Provides care and counseling to church members and assist them in crisis situations.
- Officiates at special services, such as confirmations, baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
Evangelism and Church Growth:
- Leads the church disciple-making efforts through prayer, faithful exposition of Scripture, and other equipping efforts by instilling in the congregation a biblical vision for loving and serving God and people.
- Demonstrates a lifestyle of personal discipleship and oversees its application in congregational life.
- Supports and evaluates existing outreach ministries and encourages creativity in the development of new outreach ministries.
- Leads others (believers and non-believers) to Jesus Christ and His will for them.
- Equips and encourages members of the congregation to use their gifts to build the church.
Inter-Church and Community Involvement:
- Follows Jesus Christ, practicing what He preaches, while showing relational vulnerability within the church.
- Connects and builds relationships with key community leaders, maintaining an awareness of what is happening outside the church.
- Collaborates with local churches and organizations committed to demonstrating Christ’s love through service.
- Is sensitive and exhibits a caring disposition in working with believers within the Forest Park family of various ages, race/ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Requirements and Qualifications
Qualifications and Attributes:
- A godly, growing disciple who demonstrates spiritual maturity and a strong commitment to Christ.
- Exhibits love and reverence for God.
- Exhibits love, kindness, and compassion for all humankind.
- Committed to prayer and the Word.
- Doctrinally compatible with the NAB’s Statement of Faith and Forest Park’s core values.
- Has experience that demonstrates possession of spiritual, intellectual, practical, and life-skill competencies for the pastoral care of the congregation.
- Capable of leading the church in worship and prayer.
- Demonstrates giftedness in preaching and teaching.
- Able to function as a liaison when working with others in our local Christian community.
- Able to interact and collaborate with other church leaders.
- Works with the church staff, the congregation, and the community at-large in a positive, consensus-building manner.
- Able to analyze problems and create/implement solutions in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Licensed and holds (or in active pursuit of) a Master of Divinity/Theology.
- Demonstrates leadership ability (preferred).
- Experienced working with multi-ethnic congregations and/or groups considered a significant plus.
Interested applicants should forward resume and/or credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.