Pastor of Groups and Missional Life – Greenfield Community Church
Greenfield Community Church is a mid-sized church committed to following God on mission and growing in our love for God, one another, and neighbours. We seek to be a Christ-centered and Spirit-formed intergenerational and egalitarian community, shaped by God’s love, hospitality, and concern for justice. We gather regularly in the Greenfield neighbourhood, but our people live throughout south Edmonton, Alberta. We are associated with the North American Baptist Conference. We are seeking a full-time pastor of Groups and Missional Life to have primary responsibility over group life for our congregation, as well as oversee the missional life of our faith community.
- Oversee and encourage a model of group life that reflects our mission and values, including creating and managing processes and opportunities for people to be integrated into groups, as well as recruiting and equipping group leaders.
- Oversee our vision for joining God on mission in our neighbourhoods, including planning regular opportunities for our congregation to be equipped to share the love of Jesus in word and deed in their neighbourhoods and networks, and local and global initiatives that seek justice and reconciliation.
- Facilitate congregational engagement in our community through the Neighbourhood Care Network, a cooperative venture with two other area churches, with the purpose of working together for the common good of our neighbourhood.
- Assist with our Sunday gatherings and contribute to preaching and teaching as needed.
- Share other pastoral responsibilities with the pastoral team and lay leadership.
Requirements and Qualifications
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Models a growing, vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Has a strong character with a high level of integrity, dependability, teachability, and humility.
- Is a relational team player with excellent interpersonal skills who brings their best to a team.
- Has excellent communication skills, including preaching, teaching, and sharing their story. Can clearly communicate vision and effectively lead volunteers.
- Has great organizational skills and administrative capabilities, including ability to be detail-oriented.
- Is proficient with computers, web-based technology, and social media.
Education and Experience
- Completed theological degree (master’s level preferred) in a relevant field from a recognized seminary or college.
- Meaningful pastoral and/or equipping experience (minimum five years preferred), specifically with groups, missional life, and recruiting and working with volunteers.
The successful candidate will be committed to Greenfield’s mission, values, and beliefs. Pay is commensurate with education and experience. Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and names of three references to:
Tyler Williams, Lead Pastor
Greenfield Community Church (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be received until the position is filled, with review of applications beginning February 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and provided with a detailed job description.