Kids Community Coordinator- Heartland Community Church
Purpose: To bring hands-on leadership to the children’s ministry of the assigned campus in collaboration with the Team Lead.
1. Kids’ Community Programs – 40%
a. Assist in the preparation for weekly children’s programs, including editing/preparing curriculum.
b. Prioritize the safety of children and families at the assigned campus.
c. Facilitate events and experiences that encourage the discipleship of children and parents at the assigned campus.
d. Assist in carrying out milestones for families, ex. Parent Child Dedication.
e. Collaborate to create opportunities for families to build relationships with one another.
f. Provide resources and training materials that help parents disciple their children.
2. Relational Ministry Duties – 30%
a. Meet with and provide relational investment and leadership to volunteers, those that attend Heartland Community Church (HCC) and any interested in learning about HCC.
b. Shepherd and provide spiritual guidance among Staff members and HCC members.
c. Participate in mandatory All Call events.
d. Participate in Heartland’s Membership Process.
3. Leadership Development – 15%
a. Recruit and develop a team of volunteers to execute children’s ministry programs.
b. Regularly meet with volunteers to aid in retention.
4. Administrative Work – 15%
a. Database updates, communication, and scheduling volunteers.
b. Participate in Heartland team meetings and corresponding responsibilities.
Position Expectations: 65% Internal / 35% External
Requirements and Qualifications
● High school diploma or equivalent required.
● Children’s ministry experience preferred.
● Able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in Standard English.Required Skills:
● Prioritizes their own spiritual formation.
● Passionate about living out the Heartland Mission to Find, Follow and Share by being Welcoming, Real and Transforming.
● Computer literate in Google suite required.
● Prefers working in a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
This is a part-time position working 25 hours per week. Supplemental benefits (short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance), 403b retirement plan and paid time away from work is included in the benefit package.