Kids Community Director – Heartland Community Church
The purpose of the Kids Community director is to bring visionary and organizational leadership to the children’s ministry and create great Sunday experiences for children in 3rd grade and under.
Lead and develop the Kids’ Community Program – 40%
- Implement the mission, vision, and values across all Kids’ Community programming, while collaborating with the Student Ministry team to ensure a cohesive Family Ministry experience.
- Cast vision for a dynamic and vibrant Sunday-morning experience for families.
- Oversee preparation for weekly children’s programs, including editing/preparing curriculum.
- Oversight of all Kids’ Community communication, database, and budgeting.
- Facilitate events and experiences that encourage the discipleship of children and parents at the assigned campus.
- Stay updated on the newest ideas, methods, and resources for children’s ministry.
- Assist in carrying out milestones for families, e.g. Parent Child Dedication.
- Create opportunities for families to build relationships with one another.
- Prioritize the safety of children and families while on campus.
Volunteer Leadership Development – 20%
- Recruit and develop a team of volunteers to assist with Sunday service.
- Oversee and coach volunteers and team members to improve at their craft by giving others an opportunity and platform to lead, while coaching them towards excellence.
- Regularly meet with volunteers to aid in retention.
Relational Ministry Duties – 25%
- Meet with and provide relational investment and leadership to volunteers, those who attend Heartland Community Church (“Heartland”) and any interested in learning about Heartland.
- Participate in mandatory All Call events.
- Participate in Heartland’s Membership Process.
- Disciple and provide spiritual guidance among staff members and Heartland members.
- Provide spiritual guidance and refer on to a local network of Christian Counseling Agencies.
- Be open to being developed to perform sacerdotal duties, such as weddings, funerals, preaching/teaching, baptism, communion, hospital and wellness visits, prayer service, etc.
Serve on the Ministry Leadership Team – 10%
- Lead, manage, and provide accountability (LMA) for assigned staff and/or team by leading in team meetings, providing leadership during regular 1:1 meetings.
- Collaborate with Human Resources for staffing needs.
- Delegate measurable work to assigned staff to achieve goals.
- Hold staff accountable by driving quarterly goals and completing bi-annual performance reviews.
- Utilize discipline or other correction actions, if needed.
Missions Duties – 5%
- Participate in Missions Ministry by assisting with planning, recruiting for events, and/or sharing transformation stories on the Wall of Transformation as assigned.
Position Expectations: 70% internal / 30% external
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required or at minimum five years leading in Kids Ministry outside of Heartland Community Church.
- Three years Kids Ministry experience required.
- One year supervisory experience required or at minimum three years leading a team at Heartland Community Church.
- Able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in standard English.
- Prioritizes their own spiritual formation.
- Passionate about living out the Heartland Mission to Find, Follow and Share the love of Jesus by being Welcoming, Real and Transforming.
- Computer literate in Google suite required.
- Prefers working in a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
Must regularly lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, using proper lifting techniques such as lifting or moving equipment or help from another staff member.
This position offers a flexible working environment with a variety of workspaces due to the expectation of a high percentage of external work. Some local travel will be expected to attend meetings.
Please note this position profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.