Campus Pastor- Heartland Community Church
|Purpose: The purpose of a Campus Pastor is to function as the primary leader of a particular Heartland Community Church Campus. This person will need to offer their pastoral gifting to the Campus’ congregation, be an excellent teacher and communicator, as well as provide the leadership necessary to equip those at the campus to make a significant impact for the Kingdom in the Campus’ community and around the world.
Position Profile: The Campus Pastor:
– Knows Heartland’s culture and lives it out daily, at home and at work
– Prefers working in a fast-paced, always-changing environment
– Recruits and empowers volunteer teams
– Prioritizes their own spiritual formation
– Possesses excellent teaching and communication skills
– Experience in managing and leading teams of staff and volunteers
– Continually works to align the Campus with Heartland’s Mission, Vision and Values
Team Lead: The Campus Pastor reports to the Executive Pastor of Teaching and Campus Development as their Team Lead.
Staff Management: Campus-specific Staff.
– The Campus Pastor will be the “face of the place” at the Campus
– Lead and manage the Campus Staff and budget
– Provide leadership and direction for multiple volunteer teams and their leaders
– Help connect first-time guests to Heartland’s Assimilation Process, Groups, Teams, etc.
– Responsible for the spiritual development of the Campus
– Practice the ministry of presence
– Work alongside the Executive Director of Operations in the hiring process for Campus Staff
– Responsible for the main teaching responsibilities at the Campus
– Active participation in Heartland’s Teaching Team and the Teaching Team’s process
– Be available for teaching opportunities in other areas of the church and community
– Performing sacerdotal duties including baptism, communion, weddings, and funerals
– Recruiting, training and equipping a team of volunteer leaders to share in the sacerdotal duties
– Providing spiritual guidance and referring on to a local network of Christian Counseling Agencies
– Building a network of Christian Counselors for use with referrals
– Cultivating a shepherd’s heart by regularly practicing and modeling the power of the spiritual disciplines in their own life and family
– Must possess a shepherding gift to care for the needs of the congregation and be competent in hospital visits, home visits, and various other pastoral care duties
Requirements and Qualifications
Credentials and Expectations:
– Educational Preference/Requirement:
Experience Preference/Requirement: 5-10 years in vocational Christian ministry leading staff and volunteers. Advanced theological training preferred.
– Additional Preference/Requirement: Ministerial ordination
– The Campus Pastor position is a full-time ministry position
– As a licensed and ordained minister, the Campus Pastor does qualify for a Pastoral Housing Allowance.