Pastor – Herreid Baptist Church
The pastor shall be a believer in and a preacher of the Gospel and of the basic doctrines of faith as held by the North American Baptist Conference. He shall cooperate with the local association and with the NAB. He shall administer the ordinances, watch his membership, promote the spiritual interests of the church, and organize and develop its strength for the best possible service. He shall be an ex officio member of all boards and committees of the church and its auxiliary organizations. He is to receive a stated, agreed upon, and fixed salary, which shall be paid to him at least monthly. At associations, conventions, and conferences, he is to represent the church in the capacity of a delegate, and his and his wife’s expenses shall be paid by the church. He shall be moderator of all church and Advisory Board business meetings. He shall have an annual three weeks’ (to include three Sundays) vacation with pay. The pastor shall choose the time for his vacation, with the consent of the Advisory Board.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree from an evangelical seminary, Bible college, or Bible school.
- Agree with the NAB Statement of Beliefs and Code of Ministerial Ethics.
- Exemplify the personal and leadership qualities depicted in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
- Have previous experience of three years or more in church ministry.
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to relate to all age groups.
A detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Mark Kroontje at email@example.com. The Search Committee will contact applicants to acknowledge receipt of their résumé.
Additionally, this position comes with the following:
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- A well-maintained parsonage.