Lead Pastor – First Baptist Church, Elgin, IA
First Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a full-time lead pastor who conforms to the spiritual obligations of the office as outlined in 1 Peter 5:1–4, 1 Timothy 3:1–7, and Titus 1:5–9 and who will lovingly and faithfully lead the church in preaching and teaching, spiritual care, prayer, and oversight of our ministries. The pastor we are looking for will need to be a committed, evangelical Christian with a positive attitude and a strong faith in his Savior.
First Baptist Church is a strong, active, Bible-believing church with an average attendance of 165. We are blessed with many young families, a new worship center, and a dynamic leadership team. Our membership is represented from two small towns and intermixed with rural residents from the surrounding agriculture community.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Preach and teach the Word of God for the purpose of strengthening the Church
- Perform duties incumbent of his office, such as baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Provide vision for ministry direction of the church and for new ministry opportunities
- Be an ex-officio member of boards and committees
- Be passionately involved in the community
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Have a clear testimony of having trusted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior
- Be a graduate of a Bible-based seminary and ordained or eligible for ordination in the Baptist faith
- Be of high moral character and be emotionally, mentally, and spiritually mature
- Have excellent leadership and team-building skills; must be able to delegate
- Have effective communications skills (both oral and written) and have the ability to communicate tactfully
- Have doctrinal convictions that are in harmony with the mission, statement of faith, and church covenant as given in the Constitution of First Baptist Church
- Have a clear testimony of his call to the ministry
- Be eligible for membership in First Baptist Church under established guidelines
- Agree with the North American Baptist Conference Statement of Beliefs and Code of Ministerial Ethics
- Be a believer in and a preacher of the Gospel and of the basic doctrines of faith as traditionally held by Baptists
Other desired attributes:
- Approachable and able to relate to others
Our previous pastor is retiring after faithfully serving the congregation for seventeen years. An interim pastor is currently leading the church through the transition process.