Lead Pastor – Holiday Park Bible Church
Our small but vibrant, multi-generational church body is seeking a pastor who is solidly grounded in God’s Word and is gifted to preach it and teach it. We are asking God’s guidance to match us with a man of integrity who satisfies the conditions of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 and who is eager to work with our leadership team and the whole congregation. We pray for God to increase our number, our spiritual depth, and our impact on our community – by the empowering of the Holy Spirit. Our supportive staff consists of a part-time Outreach Pastor. Our volunteers include deacons, elders, and other roles involving worship and finance.
Requirements and Qualifications
In coordination with, and with help from, the leadership team (consisting of elders and deacons) and church body:
- Preach and teach the Word of God for the purpose of strengthening the Church and furthering God’s Kingdom
- Perform standard pastoral duties, such as baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Provide vision for ministry direction of the church and for new ministry opportunities
- Be involved with church members and others, to encourage, exhort, and guide and be willing to offer practical help
Requirements and Qualifications
- Have a clear testimony of having trusted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and submission to Him as Lord
- Be of high moral character, teachable, and emotionally, mentally, and spiritually mature
- Able to humbly assert that he is not disqualified according to any of the church leadership conditions of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Displays effective and tactful communications skills
- Supports local and outside missions and other ways to reach the lost (Acts 1:8)
- Have excellent leadership and team-building skills; must be able to delegate and to work collaboratively
- Have a clear testimony of his call to the ministry
- Be eligible for membership in Holiday Park Bible Church under established guidelines
- Agree with the North American Baptist Conference Statement of Beliefs and Code of Ministerial Ethics
- Holding to: “In essentials… unity, in non-essentials… liberty, and in all things… charity”, i.e., will stand on principle, flex on preferences, and be ruled by love in everything. Will encourage others to do the same
- Meets requirement of previous experience (e.g., 5–25 years); not fresh out of school, nor on the brink of retirement
- Includes required references about character, strengths, and testimony
Other Desired Attributes
- Married, with believing and supportive wife, with children, and no history of divorce in marriage
- Prefer a graduate of a Bible-based seminary or Bible college and ordained (or eligible for ordination) in the Christian/Baptist faith
- Advantage if able to work bi-vocationally or with other sources of income.
Our current pastor has graciously agreed to stay on as pastor through the end of 2019, and he and his family hope to indefinitely continue to worship and actively participate at Holiday Park Bible Church. He and family are on excellent terms with the congregation and leadership team; he’s just stepping into a different role as he senses God’s leading. Sermons are available on our website.
We have excellent facilities, including a beautiful sanctuary. In addition to Sunday morning worship services, we have prayer sessions, Sunday school, ladies Bible study, monthly potluck/testimony times, etc. We also have regular activities (technically not ministries) meeting at the facilities.