Lead Pastor – Oak Tree Community Church
Oak Tree Community Church is seeking a Lead Pastor to guide us in living out our mission statement. This position will provide primary preaching and leadership responsibility for the church. The Pastor should acknowledge that their work is enabled by the Holy Spirit, supported by prayer, guided by Scripture, and carried out in the name of Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father. As a member of the Elder Board and as an overseer/shepherd, the Pastor will provide biblical direction and leadership so that the members are built up in faith and maturity to become more like Christ.
In turn, our church will partner with the Pastor, as guided by Acts 6:2–4 in which the pastoral priority is to be devoted to the word of God and to prayer. We support the Pastor’s foundational goals of having a passion for Jesus Christ and a heart committed to making disciples of those that God leads to us. The Pastor’s spiritual foundation is also expressed in the desire to serve as a role model, conducting their private and public life with personal integrity, love, joy, humility, and holiness (as described in 1 Timothy 3:1–7). Lastly, we want our Pastor to enjoy and model healthy family priorities; we support the Pastor in making their family a priority.
- Fosters a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Is a visionary leader for the diverse community we serve
- Embraces the mobile church experience and can lead change in order to grow
- Has strong administrative skills to delegate, empower, and lead both paid and volunteer staff
- Provides direction, purpose, inspiration, encouragement, conflict resolution, mentoring, and accountability for the church body, the Elder Board, and the Oak Tree community at large
- Adopts the Oak Tree Community Church Statement of Faith
- Follows the NAB Code of Ministerial Ethics
Requirements and Qualifications
- Preferred at least three years as senior pastor or five years as associate pastor with progressive responsibility of a growing ministry
- Holds a master’s degree from an accredited seminary or significant ministry leadership experience (Master of Divinity degree preferred)
The search committee will contact applicatns to acknowledge receipt of their résumé and inform them of the next steps. Please sent any questions to email@example.com.