Lead Pastor – Strassburg Baptist Church
Some preferred attributes/traits that we are looking for:
- Bible believing/teaching . . . no “ear tickling”.
- Man of prayer.
- Good communication ability.
- Personally stable.
- Spiritually authentic.
- Caring “people person” in visiting sick/elderly church members.
- Loving, compassionate, and humble servant’s heart.
- Open to counseling (in turn, being personally accountable/transparent/honest).
- Speaking skills in delivering messages.
The pastor shall have the general oversight of the entire work of the church; shall be advisory member of all departments, boards, and committees; shall preside at the meetings of the church for worship; and shall perform the duties ordinarily expected of pastors.
Requirements and Qualifications
Seminary is not required; a genuine love and passion for God’s Word and His flock is. Experience will be taken into consideration.
Strassburg is a country church beside a federal reservoir with walk-in hunting access. It is also near a county lake. Our congregation is around 85 to 110 weekly, with a blend of young families, seasoned folk, and everything in between. We are a Bible-believing, Bible-teaching church, with a music team that plays contemporary Christian and traditional hymns with a bluegrass sound. We have weekly Sunday School for children and adults followed by a worship service. An annual Christmas Eve service, Easter Sunrise service, VBS, men’s prayer breakfast in February, men’s & ladies’ Bible studies, and youth group are standard.