Lead Pastor – Calvary Baptist Church
Calvary Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a full time lead pastor and is accepting
applicants for this position. Our congregation has an average weekly attendance of 100,
with a membership of 35. We are an urban church located in the northwest part of the city
of Regina, Saskatchewan. Calvary is a member of the Saskatchewan Baptist Association
which is affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference. The SBA includes 12 other
churches from around the province. As a congregation, we strive to live lives that exemplify
the biblical model of church by being rooted in the Word, creating a close community, and
cultivating a desire to live the gospel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Must be an effective communicator: able to communicate the Word of God to the
congregation, as well as the mission and vision of the church.
– Must give oversight to weekly Missional Communities and perform the ordinances of
Communion and Baptism.
– Able to provide pastoral care to the congregation in the form of biblical counselling,
visitation and care for attenders, and other pastoral duties as needed.
– Must have a passion for and passion to be involved in the local community.
– Must possess the ability to effectively relate and engage with people of all ages within
and outside of the congregation.
Requirements and Qualifications
– Should be a self-starter and able to carry out the day to day ministry and administration
of the church.
– Preference will be given to those who have a Bachelor’s Degree and prior experience in
– Must have a passion for the Word of God and a vibrant personal relationship with the
– Must be in agreement with and willing to sign the Statement of Faith and Code of
Conduct of the NAB.
– Must exemplify character, conduct and competence depicted in 1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9
and 1 Pet 5:1-9.
Calvary is a community of believers who demonstrate their love for both those in their
congregation and in their city. We believe that we are called to join God on His mission, by
sharing God’s love and good news, both practically and verbally, to all people. We have
several vibrant children’s programs, and a growing junior youth group. We are involved with
a non-profit called Sandwiches To The Streets. We also run weekly Missional Community
groups and a College & Career group. Our pastor must be willing to come alongside and
support these existing programs.
Along with the rest of the world right now, our congregational needs are in flux. We are
seeking a pastor who is willing to listen to the Spirit of God and discern where the Lord
might be leading in terms of ministry, challenges, and opportunity in the days that lie
Please note that because of Covid-19, we are not moving forward until it is
appropriate and reasonable to do so. Only those being considered for the pastoral position
will be contacted.
If you are feeling called to apply to become the next lead pastor at Calvary Baptist Church
we ask you to send in a couple of items.
• A written testimony of God’s work in your life.
• Your resume of qualifications for your application, as well as three references.
• Your written statement of faith.
If you can send those in to email@example.com we will process those and get back
to candidates that we believe would be a good fit for our ministry.