Lead Pastor – Calvary Baptist Church
Calvary Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a full-time lead pastor and is accepting applicants for this position. Our congregation has an average weekly attendance of 100, with a membership of 35. We are an urban church located in the northwest part of the city of Regina, Saskatchewan. Calvary is a member of the Saskatchewan Baptist Association, which is affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference. The SBA includes 12 other churches from around the province. As a congregation, we strive to live lives that exemplify the biblical model of church by being rooted in the Word, creating a close community, and cultivating a desire to live the gospel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be an effective communicator who is able to communicate the Word of God to the congregation, as well as the mission and vision of the church.
- Must give oversight to weekly missional communities and perform the ordinances of communion and baptism.
- Is able to provide pastoral care to the congregation in the form of biblical counselling, visitation and care for attenders, and other pastoral duties as needed.
- Must have a passion for and passion to be involved in the local community.
- Must possess the ability to effectively relate and engage with people of all ages within and outside of the congregation.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Should be a self-starter and able to carry out the day-to-day ministry and administration of the church.
- Preference will be given to those who have a bachelor’s degree and prior experience in pastoral ministry.
- Must have a passion for the Word of God and a vibrant personal relationship with the Lord.
- Must be in agreement with and willing to sign the Statement of Faith and Ministerial Code of Conduct of the NAB.
- Must exemplify character, conduct, and competence depicted in 1 Timothy 3:1–7, Titus 1:5–9, and 1 Peter 5:1–9.
Calvary is a community of believers who demonstrate their love for both those in their congregation and those in their city. We believe that we are called to join God on His mission by sharing God’s love and good news, both practically and verbally, to all people. We have several vibrant children’s programs and a growing junior youth group. We are involved with a non-profit called Sandwiches To The Streets. We also run weekly missional community groups and a college and career group. Our pastor must be willing to come alongside and support these existing programs.
Along with the rest of the world right now, our congregational needs are in flux. We are seeking a pastor who is willing to listen to the Spirit of God and discern where the Lord might be leading in terms of ministry, challenges, and opportunity in the days that lie ahead.
Please note that because of COVID-19, we are not moving forward until it is appropriate and reasonable to do so. Only those being considered for the pastoral position will be contacted. If you are feeling called to apply to become the next lead pastor at Calvary Baptist Church, we ask you to send in a couple of items.
- A written testimony of God’s work in your life
- Your résumé of qualifications for your application, as well as three references, one of which needs to be the Chair Elder from your current or most recent ministry position
- Your written statement of faith
- Your philosophy of ministry
If you can send those in to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will process them and get back to candidates we believe would be a good fit for our ministry.