Lead Pastor – Oakbank Baptist Church
Oakbank Baptist Church is a friendly, mid-sized congregation affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference. It is located in the growing community of Oakbank, Manitoba, roughly twenty kilometers east of Winnipeg. We are currently looking for a lead pastor who will help to lead us in becoming a church that passionately reaches out and connects with those in the rural municipality of Springfield. We have an active and growing children’s ministry and student ministry, as well as a regular outreach to a local senior’s home. We are looking for a leader who is committed to teaching scripture, working with teams, and developing leaders.
We are also looking for someone who possesses a commitment to the ongoing development and training of leaders. The appropriate candidate will also be responsible for cooperatively preparing our weekly worship services; preaching; conducting weddings, funerals, baptisms, and child dedications; and representing our church at denominational and regional ministerial meetings. We are looking for a qualified individual who will be able to manage the administrative aspects of church life, as well as provide overall direction and supervision to the OBC staff. This position will require a regular participation and scheduled meetings with the church board deacons, as well as other committees within our church.
Requirements and Qualifications
- An absolute commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inerrant word of God.
- An absolute commitment to preaching and teaching in a way which clearly communicates God’s word and reveals the person of Jesus Christ.
- Able to model and teach godliness and Christian commitment.
- Able to attentively provide pastoral care to and counsel the congregation, noticing and responding to those in need.
- A commitment to both personal and corporate prayer.
- The necessary character, conduct, and competence as found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7, Titus 1:5–9, and 1 Peter 5:1–9.
We are seeking a full-time pastor who is ordained or qualified for ordination, with education recognized by the North American Baptist Conference. The suitable candidate shall be in agreement with the OBC Statement of Faith, the NAB Statement of Faith, the NAB Code of Ministerial Ethics, the OBC Constitution, and the OBC Church Covenant.
Résumés with current references will be accepted and can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants given serious consideration will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to Oakbank or the surrounding community.