Pastor of Discipleship – Legacy Church
Legacy Church is gospel-centered, missional, and multiplying congregation in the upper left corner of the Pacific Northwest. Beginning five years ago as a church plant in a living room, the Lord has blessed us with a growing ministry serving 120 people in beautiful Bellingham, Washington.
The pastor of Discipleship, who will report to Lead Pastor Brian MacSwan, will join Legacy Church with a primary focus on and passion for the disciple-making aspect of our mission, especially through discipleship, spiritual formation, teaching, and pastoral counseling.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A vital and active relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- The character qualifications as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3:8–13)
- A relational spirit, with gifts in counseling, along with extensive experience in pastoral counseling ministry
- Ability to preach in a Christ-centered, grace-giving, evangelistic, and expository manner
- Theological sophistication together with a passion for evangelism, spiritual formation, and authenticity
- A proven track record of developing disciples who make disciples and thorough experience training leaders
- Organizational proficiency, high emotional intelligence, a collaborative spirit, and a growth mindset
- An affinity for the culture of the Pacific Northwest in general and Bellingham in particular
- Participate with the lead pastor, elders, and staff in executing Legacy Church’s shared vision
- Shepherd and counsel the members of Legacy Church
- Coordinate and lead various discipleship teams in intentional spiritual formation
- Supervise the Children’s Discipleship coordinator, Women’s Discipleship lead, and Missional Community leaders
- Preach periodically (8–12 times per year) and regularly lead liturgy and Lord’s Supper (1–3 times per month)
Please visit www.legacybellingham.com/employment for more information, including the full job description.