Young Adult Pastor- McKernan Baptist Church
McKernan Baptist Church
Young Adults Pastor
Ministry Role Description (1.0)
Church Mission Statement
We exist to become a community of fully devoted and developed followers of Jesus Christ that reaches our world with his transforming love and truth.
This pastor serves as a member of the McKernan Baptist Church (MBC) pastoral team, which gives direction to the overall ministry of the church. In addition, this dynamic pastor will serve as the primary overseer of the Young Adult (YA) ministry.
Requirements and Qualifications
|Specific List of Responsibilities
1. Provide intentional spiritual and organizational leadership of YA ministry (ages 18-35). This includes: developing and implementing vision and strategies; recruiting, developing and supervising interns and teams; developing and implementing programs and pathways to communicate and promote YA ministries; and develop YA ministry functions that express our organizational core values.2. Cultivating, shepherding, and participating in a culture of meaningful relationships within the YA ministry.3. Intentionally work with the Youth Ministry Pastor to help transition youth ministry graduates into the YA ministry.
4. Cultivate and develop a local/global mission-related intercultural involvement in YA ministry and partner with campus ministries to enhance a presence at the U of A, other college campuses and workplaces.
5. Create and manage ministry budget for YAs.
6. Other general duties:
7. Basic personal responsibilities:
8. Perform other duties and assignments as requested by the senior lead team pastor or designate.
1. Growing, mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
1. Accountable to senior lead team pastor or designate.
Ministry Role search will conclude on July 24.2021