Lead Pastor- Onoway Baptist Church
Job Description of Lead Pastor:
As the shepherd of the congregation, the Lead Pastor is:
A leader who clearly communicates vision to encourage others to action.
o Discerns and clarifies vision, and gives leadership and supervision for implementing that vision through the various ministries of the church.
o Believes God is at work in the lives of believers and non-believers, and helps the church discern where we are to lean into what He is already doing in our midst.
o Is committed to seeing all people trust and live for Christ.
• A teacher and disciple-maker, who equips the church for service in the mission of God.
o Disciples followers of Christ to grow in their knowledge, skill and character.
o Helps the congregation develop their gifts and skills for Kingdom use.
o Is committed to developing the next generation of leaders.
• An effective communicator, deeply grounded in the Word, and guided by the Holy Spirit.
o Responsible for the preaching and teaching ministry of the church, one means of equipping the congregation to fulfill their role in the mission of the Kingdom of God.
Other Assigned Responsibilities
• Planning and overseeing all aspects of Sunday morning gatherings.
• Supporting and supervising all employees of OBC by being a resource to them as they work toward fulfilling their role and assigned tasks.
• Providing pastoral care, personal counselling and visitation.
• Meeting regularly with leadership to discern the vision and mission of OBC.
• Completing administrative duties as assigned and/or necessary for the effective operation of the organization.
• Being involved in the community life of Onoway and Lac Ste. Anne County.
• Take advantage of the opportunities and encouragement provided by being a part of the community of North American Baptist Churches.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and be a person of strong Christian character as demonstrated by the evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit in their life.
• Be willing to affirm the North American Baptist Statement of Beliefs.
• Have the qualities of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3.
• A Master’s Degree is preferred, though a Bachelor with proven experience will be considered.
• We expect the Lead Pastor to desire to learn, develop and grow in their own life and walk with Christ, modelling this for the congregation through participating in learning opportunities through the church and community, as well as taking advantage of outside and/or extended learning opportunities and events as appropriate.
• We expect the Lead Pastor to have a healthy prayer life, and to prioritize both time spent daily in prayer, as well as a monthly day away with God.
• We expect the Lead pastor to engage in the healthy practice of Sabbath rest, as best fits the rhythms of life on a daily, weekly, and annual basis.
• We expect the Lead Pastor to be in an accountability relationship with someone outside the church and community context. We also expect the Lead pastor to not only disciple and mentor others, but to be discipled and mentored.
• We expect the Lead Pastor to love his neighbor as himself, and to be an active citizen of the community.
|This is a full-time position, but we are open to flexible work arrangements, including job sharing for the right candidate(s).|