Pastor/Coordinator of Seniors Ministry – Central Baptist Church
Site: Connors Hill (plus multi-site responsibilities)
Reports to: Connors Hill Site Pastor
Hours: Part-time position (25–30 hours per week, negotiable)
Job Vision: The Pastor/Coordinator of Seniors Ministry will engage in ministry focused on the care and discipleship of older adults at Connors Hill, as well as bearing primary responsibility for strategic leadership of Central’s ministry among senior adults across its three sites. This person must exhibit a humble and growing love for God and others, along with proven giftedness in both compassionate care and strategic leadership.
Requirements and Qualifications
Key Areas of Leadership
To provide primary leadership at Connors Hill in the following areas, while assisting the the Southeast and Sherwood Park Site Pastors in the development of these ministry areas:
- Care, Visitation, and Funerals: To provide pastoral care and visitation to seniors with a focus on helping seniors “finish well.” To offer care and guidance to family and friends before, during, and after the deaths of loved ones, including officiating funerals as requested.
- Discipleship and Connecting: To take a key role in leading, developing, and strengthening Central’s discipleship ministry among seniors, and to help seniors connect meaningfully into the broader church family (e.g., weekly seniors Bible study, finding multi-generational small groups, serving opportunities, mentoring relationships, etc.).
- Team-Building: To adopt a team-based approach to ministry, including recruiting, training, overseeing, and supporting teams engaged in ministry among Central’s seniors.
- Strategic Leadership: To provide strategic leadership of ministry to seniors across Central’s three sites, and to take initiative in guiding the church to envision the future of seniors ministry.
- Multi-site Events and Initiatives: To play an active role in the planning and leadership of events and initiatives open to seniors from across Central’s three sites (e.g., annual Legacy Grandparenting Summit simulcast, Grandparents at Prayer monthly gatherings, etc.).
Other Expectations and Qualifications
- To have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To be aligned with and actively supportive of Central’s heart, mission, and priorities.
- To pursue relationships or group involvement for personal accountability.
- To participate in an engaged and humble way in various weekly staff meetings.
- To meet on a regular basis with the Connors Hill Site Pastor for review, vision, and encouragement.
- To be loyal, faithful, honest, teachable, humble, approachable, self-motivated, flexible, and dependable.
- To affirm Central’s Statement of Beliefs and to become a member of Central when joining staff.
- To have the qualities of a Christian elder/pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3.
- To be a gifted leader with the ability and passion to love, care for, and disciple others.
- To be a highly organized initiator and decision-maker.
- To be a team player and have the ability to work well in a multi-staff setting.
- To hold a bachelor’s degree (minimum), with a master’s degree preferred.
- To have extensive and active pastoral experience in a church or other Christian ministries.
With questions or to apply (cover letter and resume), please contact Jon Putz (Executive Pastor) at email@example.com.
9419 95 ST NW Edmonton, AB T6C 4K2 Canada
Date Posted: March 27, 2023
Job Type: Part Time
Church Website: https://www.followingtogether.com/View Full Job Description » firstname.lastname@example.org