Pastor – First Baptist Church of Medina
First Baptist Church of Medina, New York, is searching for a part-time pastor. We have been an active witness for Jesus in our community for nearly 200 years. We worship in a beautiful, well-maintained, and historically recognized building in the heart of the village. Our parsonage is a four-bedroom, well-maintained home located adjacent to the church. We are active members of the North American Baptist Eastern Association.
As with many churches, our numbers have dwindled, but we have begun to reverse that trend, and we are determined to continue growing our church family. We are intentionally working to be more active in our community and more involved in our local missions as outreach. We have undertaken a year-long, extensive evaluation of ourselves, our mission, our vision, our financial condition, and the Lord’s leading. There is an unmistakable sense of renewal and reawakening among our congregation, and we are looking for a pastor to come alongside our journey.
The pastor is the spiritual leader of the congregation, responsible to the Lord and the church to proclaim the Gospel and teach the Bible and to be engaged in all areas of pastoral care to the congregation as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
Pastoral Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus, integrity in personal and professional life, and a desire to become a member of our congregational family.
- Work with Worship Team to plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons weekly.
- Serve communion monthly.
- Be an example to the congregation and guide us in evangelistic outreach.
- Lead an effective program of home visitation for sick, shut-in, and prospective members.
- Conduct baptisms, premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals.
- Support the church leadership in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating programs and ministries.
- Cooperate with local associations and the NAB in matters of mutual interest and concerns.
- Must be in substantial agreement with the beliefs and bylaws of the North American Baptist Conference.
We have a long history of loving relationships with our pastors and their families and are looking forward to the future the Lord has prepared for us. If you feel the Lord is leading you to join us on this journey, please send a letter of interest, résumé, and references to Michael Wright, chair of the Pastoral Search Committee.
Résumés can be mailed or emailed to the addresses below:First Baptist Church of Medina
203 West Center St.
Medina, NY 14103
$20,000–30,000 per year
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Relocation assistance (must be able to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting position)
Choose your own hours