Pastor – Immanuel Baptist Church
The pastor of Immanuel Baptist Church (IBC) serves as the preacher/teacher who proclaims the Word of God to the congregation and serves as the leader of the church. The pastor is responsible for communicating the biblical purpose and mission of IBC and leading the ministerial staff and the congregation. The pastor oversees the corporate worship of the congregation, serves as the leader and supervisor of ministerial staff, and ensures that the day-to-day ministries of IBC are conducted in a timely manner. The pastor gives reports to and works directly with the IBC deacons, trustees, and church council to maintain the health and faithfulness of the church. The pastor will lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. The pastor in this role should represent Jesus Christ and His church in the community at large and lead with integrity, courage, and humility.
Requirements and Qualifications
The pastor must have the requirements listed below:
- Be born again and living a dedicated, biblically centered, Christian life.
- Minister to the spiritual needs of the people as the Holy Spirit and the Word of God guide him.
- Meet the requirements of 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
- Provide leadership in all spiritual matters of the church.
- Communicate effectively at all levels with large groups, in small groups, and person-to-person.
- Develop and communicate a clear vision for the future of the church.
- Be diligent and well organized, with the ability to multi-task and pay attention to details.
- Maintain a commitment to promote good interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Be able to deal with conflict in a healthy and constructive manner, as stated in Matthew 18:15–17.
- Agree with and commit to the IBC Constitution and Bylaws and to the North American Baptist (NAB) Statement of Beliefs and Practices and the NAB Pastoral Code of Ethics.
- Be willing to represent IBC at Southern Association pastor’s gatherings, annual sessions, the NAB Triennial, and area ministerial meetings, as well as participate at Bluebonnet Baptist Association meetings.
- Be able to direct ministerial staff personally or delegate various aspects of ministry and administration of IBC.
- Be able to oversee the development of church leadership at all levels, paid or volunteer.
- Maintain a commitment of confidentiality regarding all records and counseling.
Kyle is a town of approximately 40,000 located in central Texas. It is on IH-35 between Austin, our state capital and home to University of Texas, and San Marcos, home to Texas State University. Our central Texas area, one of the fastest growing in the state, offers outdoor activities, as well as shopping and entertainment. Kyle is the official Pie Capital of Texas.
Immanuel Baptist Church, located four miles east of Kyle, began in 1886 as a German Baptist Church founded by immigrants who had a strong faith and were new to Texas. It is on that solid foundation of faith that we continue as a culturally diverse congregation, with average attendance of 45, sharing God’s amazing love to the community and world. Immanuel is part of the Southern Association of North American Baptist churches and also the Bluebonnet Baptist Association of Southern Baptist churches. Our new pastor would join us in continuing this effort that was begun many years ago.