Pastor of Administration and Online Ministries – Summit Drive Church
The Pastor of Administration and Online Ministries is responsible to the Lead Pastor for providing administrative leadership for the church staff; for leading the church staff to perform their assigned tasks; for using their skills in leadership; and for meeting the needs of persons in the church and community. The Pastor of Administration and Online Ministries is also responsible to the Lead Pastor for the church’s online presence and online ministry. Based on skills and experience, they will have other opportunities for direct ministry as well (i.e. some preaching, teaching, etc.).
- Coordinate the schedules of all the pastors and employees other than the Lead Pastor
- Assist the Lead Pastor in planning
- Coordinate and unify the various ministries to avoid conflict, duplication, and overlapping
- Serve as coordinator, resource person, and advisor to the committees and/or ministry teams of the Church
- Serve as staff liaison to the following standing and sub-committees of the Board
- Communication and Technology
- Finance and Budget
- Physical Plant and Property
- Fellowship and Hospitality
- Supervise the office administrator, ministry assistants, administrative assistants, other secretarial- clerical workers, custodians, food service workers, and other general labour workers
- Maintain an adequate system of records
- In consultation with the Lead Pastor and Online Ministries team, develop an online ministries presence with goals, objectives, and timelines; create and manage a communications strategy and system that ensures a consistent online ministry experience
- Lead the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive plan of business operations for the Church
- Work as a team in consultation with the various deacons and committees
- Direct the custodial and maintenance programs of the church
- Provide direction to the food service ministry of the church
- Provide direction to staff and volunteers on financial and accounting matters
- Review annually the insurance needs of the church
- Maintain an inventory of church property and equipment
- Support the implementation and ongoing direction of church IT infrastructure (internet connectivity, firewall(s), VOIP, network cabling, Wi-Fi networks, etc.) enabling growth and the accomplishment of the church’s mission
- Recruit and oversee contractor(s) and/or volunteers needed to properly maintain and expand the church’s IT infrastructure
Requirements and Qualifications
Ideally, this candidate will have experience in ministry and/or management relevant to the job description and a relevant undergraduate or graduate degree.
Applications should be addressed to Pastor Dave Fields. Applications will be received and reviewed until the position is filled.
Summit Drive Church is a diverse, community-minded congregation who feel called to glorify God by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and calling his people to join him on mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive Church is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981, and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. The staff team includes three full-time pastoral staff (lead, associate, and youth pastor), a part-time pastor of children and family ministries, seven part-time and administrative staff, and two ministry internship programs.
Summit Drive Church is a mid-sized congregation, with Sunday attendance ranging between 450 and 600 (currently with two services) and approximately 1,000 people who call Summit Drive Church their home church.