Pastor of Student Ministries – GracePoint Church
This person shall provide specific oversight for high school ministries and coordination with the middle school and young adult ministries.
With youth: Build disciples who are committed to Jesus Christ, to the church, and to the work of Christ in the world. This will involve:
- Teaching, discipling, and nurturing students through biblical instruction that builds a biblical worldview and develops Christian values and lifestyle.
- Staying in touch with the ever-changing youth culture.
- Programming that ministers to the whole person (physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual).
- Evangelistic ministry on high school campuses as permitted in our area.
- Leading or participating in youth outreach or mission-oriented opportunities or trips.
- Being available for formal and informal social relationships with youth.
- Participating in and administering the calling/follow-up of youth whose attendance is non-regular.
With volunteer leadership: To recruit, train, and supervise volunteer adult leaders for ministry to high school youth. This will involve:
- Providing opportunities for their spiritual growth and the identification/development of their spiritual gifts.
- Assisting them in identifying needs and establishing goals for youth ministry.
- Being responsive to their questions regarding biblical truth and youth behavior.
- Being aware of current developments in materials, curriculum, films, etc.
- Encouraging them to attend area conferences and other training opportunities for spiritual growth and development.
With parents: Build open and honest communication between parents and teens. This will involve:
- Clearly communicating your youth ministry philosophy, teaching topics, goals, and coming activities frequently through regular meetings or electronic communication.
- Being available for personal consultation.
- Providing opportunity for training in parent/teen relationships.
With church staff, leadership, and congregation: Participate in the overall life of the church to gain personal spiritual enrichment and build a closer relationship with God and each other. This will involve:
- Time for personal study and prayer aimed at continuing one’s own personal growth and equipping for ministry.
- Participation in regular staff meetings and retreats.
- Attendance at regularly scheduled services of the church and participating in the leadership roles assigned for that function.
- Participation in youth or leadership conferences for personal enrichment.
- Assisting other pastoral staff as time permits and as one’s gifts allow.
- Cooperate with NAB and NorCal churches in areas that involve youth (e.g., The Gathering, The Summit, Triennial, and Hume Lake Camp).
Requirements and Qualifications
B.A. required (Christian Education or Bible major helpful, but not necessary). Seminary degree preferred. This person should have previous experience as an intern or in a full-time youth position, a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ, and an intense desire for youth to grow spiritually and:
- Be thoroughly evangelical in faith, doctrine, and practice as outlined in the GracePoint Church Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in personal witness and in the implementation of an effective youth ministry.
- Demonstrate an effectiveness as a disciple maker to the leadership core of the youth ministry.
- Have a personal character, lifestyle, and family life that is acceptable in accordance with 1 Timothy 3.
- Possess spiritual giftedness in the areas of leadership and teaching.
- Have a personality of leadership, flexibility, cooperation, and servanthood, being self-motivated and willing to work within a team ministry.
- Have a supportive family willing to become part of the local church body.
GracePoint Church is campus of 28 acres located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley about 45 minutes south of Sacramento, 2 hours from the streets of San Francisco and 2.75 hours from the snow and hiking at South Lake Tahoe. We enjoy warm summer days, cool evenings, and a lot of sunshine in the winter. We host Lodi Christian School (PreSchool thru Grade 8) and Jim Elliot Christian High School (Grade 9–12) on our campus. We desire to reach our city, which consists of strong Hispanic and Pakistani communities, as well as a student and young adult population that is ever-growing.