Creative Arts Pastor – Heartland Community Church
The Creative Arts pastor will lead and implement the vision of the Creative Arts team (Worship and Tech teams) through the use of the creative arts, while also directing and managing both staff and volunteer teams.
The Creative Arts pastor:
- Has a strong relationship with Christ that is dynamic and growing
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart and Christ-like attitude
- Is able to be in the spotlight, but doesn’t need it to experience its shine
- Is a team player who enjoys working with a wide variety of people and building teams
- Can lead worship while playing a musical instrument and has experience leading worship at a large church
- Possesses the ability to direct music; knows the instruments and their role in the band
- Remains calm under pressure and can troubleshoot issues in a constructive way
- Demonstrates technical proficiency with Ableton, ProPresenter, and Planning Center Online (preferred) or similar
- Possesses a strong understanding of live sound and is proficient in mixing front of house for contemporary rock/worship music
- Overseeing Creative Arts team staff at all campuses
- Scheduling of regular, consistent Creative Arts team meetings, one-on-one meetings with staff, and team-building events
- Recruitment, training, and development of a team of volunteers, which may include organizing workshops for skill development in a given area
- Ensuring the direction of the Creative Arts team aligns with Heartland’s vision and mission
- Leading worship on Sundays regularly at Heartland’s Weymouth campus, while occasionally leading at other campuses
- Organizing and leading band rehearsals
- Owning the process of service planning; leading the Programming team and technical oversight (sound, lights, media)
- Equipping and empowering staff and volunteers through craft development, while keeping quality consistent week to week
- Understanding the systems and being able to troubleshoot
- Fixing broken systems or contracting with someone who can, when needed
- Attending monthly all-staff meetings
- Attending required pastoral events and meetings
- Collaborating with other ministry areas of Heartland as appropriate
- Shepherding and providing spiritual guidance among the staff and Heartland members
- Performing sacerdotal duties, such as baptisms, communion, funerals, weddings, and premarital counseling assessments
Requirements and Qualifications
Credentials and Expectations:
- An undergraduate degree in theology, ministry, or music is preferred
- A minimum of five to ten years of vocational worship ministry at a large church is required.
- Ordination is preferred.
- The salary range is dependent on education and experience and is open to negotiation.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Michelle Lewis, human resources coordinator, at email@example.com.