Lead Pastor- Rose of Sharon Baptist Church
|Lead Pastor – Rose of Sharon Baptist Church
Has God put a calling on your life to be a lead pastor? Do you have a heart for people of all ages? Rose of Sharon Baptist Church (ROSBC) is prayerfully seeking a Spirit-led full-time pastor to work alongside our Pastor of Family Ministries, active Board of Elders, dedicated staff and host of gifted volunteers.
We are a multigenerational community with a desire to know our Lord more intimately, serve Him more faithfully, and fellowship together. To put our love for others in action, we have a variety of outreach ministries such as an in-house K-12 private school, a thriving children’s ministry, a Christian counselling centre and more!
For more information about us, please visit www.rosbc.com.
About the Position
Ministerial Gifts and Calling:
• Preaching / Teaching
o Able to make the Gospel plain, clear and relevant, through good public presence, voice, and close study of the Scriptures.
o Able to exposit the Scriptures for the growth and equipping of the believers.
o Approachable, wise counsellor, with a high regard for confidentiality.
o Effective overseer of the welfare of the flock.
o Commitment to both personal and corporate prayer.
o Modelling, teaching and encouraging multiple generations to grow in their relationship with Jesus, deepening their knowledge, commitment and service for His glory and the spread of the Gospel.
• Pulpit Ministry
o Oversight and coordination of the teaching and preaching in all classes (e.g., baptism, membership, etc.) and worship services, as well as delivering the majority of Sunday morning sermons.
o Mentoring of Pastors and staff.
• Lead Pastor & Administration Elder
o Member of our Board of Elders in providing visionary leadership to the church body.
o Supervision of all church administrative functions.
o Oversight of the church staff.
• Pastoral Care
o Spiritual encouragement, sick and shut-in visitation, and care to those in the Leadership Team.
o Biblical counselling as per Pastoral Care Policy.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Fully and unreservedly in agreement with ROSBC Statement of Faith.
• Meet the qualifications of an elder as identified in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
• Leadership experience within a church environment
• Discipling and mentoring experience.
• Some seminary or formal biblical training.
• If you feel called to apply to become our next Lead Pastor, please submit a written testimony of God’s work in your life, your Ministerial Information Profile (MIP), and/or your resume to email@example.com with “Pastoral Search Committee” in the subject line.
• A Church Profile is available upon request.