Senior Pastor – Calvary Baptist Church
Calvary Baptist Church is seeking a Senior Pastor and is inviting applicants for this position. We are a congregation of approximately 70 members and friends. Aberdeen is a city of approximately 28,000 people. There are both public and private K-12 schools plus Northern State University and Presentation College.
Primary Duties – Senior Pastor:
- Prepare/present Sunday sermons and Wednesday evening Bible studies originated from the Bible
- Encourage development of lay leadership; train members with appropriate skills
- Committed to prayer and seeking God’s will for our church
- Work with the church leadership in planning the direction and focus of CBC
- Visitation for church family
- Perform weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
Personal Qualifications: The applicant must
- Be a graduate of a Bible-based seminary and ordained or eligible for ordination in the Baptist faith.
- Agree with the North American Baptist Conference Statement of Beliefs and Code of Ministerial Ethics
- Be wholly committed to the Holy Scriptures as the inerrant Word of God
- Exemplify character, conduct, competence depicted in I Timothy 3:17, Titus 1:5-9, I Peter 5:1-9
Apply to the Search Committee via email to: CalvaryBaptistapplications@gmail.com
Requirements and Qualifications
Graduate of a Bible-based seminary
Be ordained or eligible for ordination in the Baptist faith