Senior Pastor – Lakeview Heights Baptist Church
The senior pastor is to be a person of God who has ordered their life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1–7. The senior pastor will have general oversight of the ministry of Lakeview Heights Baptist Church.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Has demonstrated gifts and experience in preaching and teaching.
- Must demonstrate strong moral and ethical character.
- Agrees with the Statement of Beliefs of the North American Baptist Conference.
- Must evidence the biblical pastoral qualifications (Titus 1:6–9; 1 Timothy 3:1–7).
- Agrees to the constitution and bylaws of Lakeview Heights Baptist Church.
- Believes that God has truly called them into the ministry.
- Holds a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a pastoral or church leadership focus.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Has previous leadership experience.
- Has demonstrated an ability to balance work and home responsibilities.
- Preach during worship services and special events.
- Teach truths of God’s Word in small and large group settings.
- Provide leadership to administrative and pastoral staff.
- Provide oversight and direction to the weekly worship services and special events, including weddings and funerals.
- Serve on the Deacons’ Committee and Church Board, as defined in our bylaws.
- Administer the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and baptism.