Senior Pastor – Hope Fellowship Church
Hope Fellowship Church is prayerfully seeking a full-time senior pastor, called by God. Hope Fellowship is a member of the North American Baptist Conference and the Southwestern Association and is located in southern Platte County, Missouri, in the northwestern suburbs of Kansas City, near the international airport. This area of Kansas City continues to grow and develop.
Our mission: To help people learn to know, love, serve, and share Jesus Christ while being a family beyond the family.
Primary function: To provide spiritual leadership to the members of the church family enabling them to fulfill the church’s mission and function according to its core values.
The pastor will provide for the spiritual oversight and leadership of the church; he will give direction and support to the ministries of the church and help plan, organize, and evaluate the total program of the church in conjunction with lay leaders; he will lead, plan, and conduct worship services.
The pastor will provide biblical teaching and preaching; he will prepare and deliver sermons; he will frequently lead a Sunday school class, Bible studies, and a small group in collaboration with the Deacon Board; he will communicate the mission and vision that God gives to the church.
The pastor will provide or oversee shepherding and pastoral care to the members of the church family, including visiting the sick and shut-ins and conducting wedding ceremonies and funerals; he will be available to provide counseling; he will relate to and develop relationships with all ages of individuals within the church and develop leaders and followers of Jesus Christ.
The pastor will lead the church in evangelistic outreach and engagement with the community; he will lead in a plan to follow up with prospects that have been identified as potential members of the church family.
The pastor will serve as the administrator of the ministry staff, both volunteer and paid; he will oversee the proper administration of the policies and procedures of the church; he will act as moderator of the church business meeting and Advisory Board and work with deacons, advisory board, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities.; he will cooperate with and actively support the North American Baptist Conference and Southwestern Association.
The pastor is expected to be a godly, servant leader and live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He will provide leadership by example, showing the following leadership attributes: a close personal relationship with Jesus, integrity, humility, financial responsibility, perseverance, effective communication, and self-motivation. He will also serve as a good listener, encourager, and mentor and display a peaceful, gentle spirit and not be quick tempered.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and master of divinity degree from accredited institutions
- Minimum five years of church ministry
- Meet all the qualifications of an elder as identified in Scripture (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
- Model and teach godliness and Christian commitment
- Be intentional about ongoing personal spiritual development and model that for the congregation
- Agree with and adhere to the NAB Statement of Beliefs, NAB Code of Ministerial Ethics, HFC statement on marriage, and HFC membership covenant
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or university in the area of biblical/pastoral studies
How to Apply:
Provide the following documentation via email to email@example.com:
- Resume (include all experience)
- Copy of your ordination certification, if ordained
- One to three recent sermons from where you are currently serving or have served (links to iTunes/YouTube/Dropbox or other sharing method are acceptable)
- Three written spiritual references (one must be from a senior pastor and another from a church official at minimum)
Must agree to a background and credit check.
Church Profile: http://www.hfc-kc.org/hfccongregationprofile.pdf